Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a set of the staggered slashcuts om my 900. The flange nuts would only go on about a turn. I called V&H and the guy told me that's how itis supposed to be. He said they should note that in the instructions because they get the same call all the time. Seems strange. My question is, did everyone else who put these on have the same issue? Is that one turn enough, any problems with them coming loose? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think mine only went like 1.5 turns to 2 turns total. Hasn't seemed to be a problem.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I put a set of Vance and Hines on my 900 over the weekend. After a few great days of weather in STL, I checked all the bolts and screws last night. Everything is just fine after almost 300 miles. I was worried about them also when I put the pipes on, but everything seems to be holding fine.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Instead of a new thread I will add a question to this one.

I'm thinking of changing out my stock pipes with Vance and Hines slash staggered. Other than switching pipes will I have to make any adjustments to engine/fuel/air filter etc? The bike only has 100 miles and I'm a little hesitant, dont want to affect waranty.

Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Most of the forum posts will tell you that you don't need to change the fuel mixture if you are only changing the pipes. Most of the dealers will suggest you install a Power Commander or equivalent (after all they'll selling them). I put the V&H staggered slashcuts on my VN900 Classic LT last year and ran it for a couple hundred miles but found the popping on deceleration a little too much. I suspected it was running too rich so I installed a PC III and it cut the popping down about 75% but still get some. Next step is to "marble". I'm also going to replace the stock air filter with the K&N and then have the PC III retuned just to make sure it's not too lean. Didn't notice much in the way of power change with the PC III but gives me some piece of mind. You'll find the V&H pipes quite a bit louder than the stock. I had to order the quieter baffles to get the sound back to a level that I felt was about right. I'm pretty sure I read in the manaul that if you modify the exhaust system you void the warrenty

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
INSTALLED
Instead of a new thread I will add a question to this one.

I'm thinking of changing out my stock pipes with Vance and Hines slash staggered. Other than switching pipes will I have to make any adjustments to engine/fuel/air filter etc? The bike only has 100 miles and I'm a little hesitant, dont want to affect waranty.

Thanks in advance...
I had about 100 miles on my custom. I put the Cobra swepts on, put in a K&N filter and a Cobra Fi2000r fuel management system. I had my dealer install everything, while he did say it would affect warranty per se he knew what they installed and were good with that. However being that said I did not have any warranty issues for them to seal with. I did not buy the extended warranty and mine runs out next month.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts