Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm considering installing Vance & Hines Powershots, the ECU module, and a K&N hiflo filter.

I understand they are going to be a fair bit louder - but is there any other positives and negatives.

Does it effect gas mileage.
Does the bike run cooler (meaning less heat thrown onto rider)
I will obviously get better ground clearance (I've been scraping my stock pipes a bit).
Any tuning issues after the power commander ECU module is installed and set?
Backfiring?

Also - does anyone know if a quiet baffle is available for these pipes if I'm finding them too loud? The Vance&Hines web site says no accessories, but my dealer says yes, and the power commander seems to have a program for a quiet baffle with these pipes?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am wanting to sell my powershots

If you are interested I am wanting to sell my powershots so I can make room for my new hard bags. I am wanting 375.00 + shipping. Let me know if your interested. New ones will run you about 550.00.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are interested I am wanting to sell my powershots so I can make room for my new hard bags. I am wanting 375.00 + shipping. Let me know if your interested. New ones will run you about 550.00.
Thanks -

But apparently the powershots can not be fitted with a quiet baffle and my dealer says they are quite loud. I'm thinking of going with a Cobra HP 2 into 1 pipe instead.

BTW - saw a 2000 the other day with Beetle Bags and a 2 into 1 pipe (assumed it was a Cobra). Looked like a lot of room between the hard bag and the pipe. The pipe/bag set-up looked real good IMO. I'm hoping to run into the owner one of these days to ask a few questions.

·
Banned
20 Posts
bags

so you cant fit hard bags on the bike with vance n hines power shots that sucks i was going to do that to hate to sell good exhaust.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi Guy's

Just fitted Powershots to my V2K yesterday, Boy are they loud, the video's on You Tube don't even begin to represent the true sound. Its like music, a low base rumble. Not sure my neighbours will be so appreciative at 6 in the morning when I go to work. Still they don't seem to give a **** about anyone :) I think of the sound as an automatic garage door device, when I had a Meanstreak, I would get home from work and the garage was open. When I asked my good lady, she said she heard me from a street away....

·
Banned
20 Posts
loud

does vance n hines makes long shots for this bike .i just bought a vulcan 2000 has the power shots n i like loud but my god there loud maybe cause i was in garage but i wish they had a baffle to tone them down just alittle not much but allitle lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does vance n hines makes long shots for this bike .i just bought a vulcan 2000 has the power shots n i like loud but my god there loud maybe cause i was in garage but i wish they had a baffle to tone them down just alittle not much but allitle lol.
Cobra long shots apparently have a quiet baffle option. Vance & Hines power shots do not have this option.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have tried fitting secondary "samson" baffles inside the originals. Quieter on tick over but I have lost the deep throb now and get an annoying "Blappy" sound on reving. Another forum member over here has the same V2K and powershots as mine. He put me on to an exhaust company who have sleeved his pipe with perforated tubes, He says it still sounds great but is less anti social and pop's less on closed throttle.
Whatever you fit, make sure you have a fuel processor, I know the big debate as to whether one is needed, but I can vouch for how much difference they make, in The UK the bike is rset so lean to get throu EU tests the thing has to have a PC or similar to make it work with a less restrictive exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
V2K Powershot of Disappointment

The powershots on my V2K had the baffle break apart inside them. After close inspection discovered they got chinsey on the factory welds. They wouldnt honor a repacement because the pipes were out of the warranty period. The American thing to do would have been to replace the baffles since they were defective unless the size of the welds were factory protocol.

Buyer beware. I dont have sour grapes about it but I thought I would put the truth out there for whatever its worth to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts