Best aftermarket option

• Total voters
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi.

Recently i made a Stage 3 Debbafle to the stock exhaust of my '10 VN900 Custom SE, obviously the change is amazing in sound quality ;) but i consider that stock exhaust system have a big circumference and low level location from floor, so i can´t take some curves without make some dent in the lower exhaust, that´s why i´ve been thinking about change and i have two option after read and see over the internet multiple options.

1. Vance & Hines Chrome Twin Slash Stagger Duals Exhaust System ($404 + Free Shipping)

2. Road Burner Exhaust, Pipe, Kawasaki VN 900 Vulcan RB-01-8020 ($324+Free Shipping)

Obviously i have to consider things like:

* Price: 404 V&H vs 324 RB

* Baffles: V&H only like addition and more price - RB Yes from Stock
* O2 sensor: V&H yes from stock - RB No info about it
* SOUND: Here I have to considerate two things, the real differences between those systems and the sound of the Stage 3 Stock Exhaust (more like HD sound, obviously just from perception) and the fact that in my country i´ve some law restrictions in the annual motorcycle revision for loud pipes (i have no problem at idle rpm because stage 3 are almost silent like stock ones)....

so thanks for your help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I chose the V&H in black as I have the custom se.Best choice I ever made.
1:they are so much lighter than stock.
2:The holes are already there for oxygen sensors.
3:I hate the way stock covers the back wheel
4:They sound bloody awesome.
I would say that I ordered the quiet baffles as they are loud,here in Uk there a bit funny on the noise levels.
I do get a bit of popping when closing throttle but I like the sound.Easy to fit,did mine with in 1hour.
There are sound bites on this site but they don't do exhaust notes any justice.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I have a set of v&h twin slash cut chrome exhaust for vulcan 900 for sale. Asking $300 plus shipping or best offer if anyone is interested. Under 50 miles on them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the road burners, and they sound great. Very loud even at idle. There are no holes for o2 sensors. Simple to install only took about an hour.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the roadburners on my 07 custom. Love the sound of them, loud,but not obnoxious. Really woke up the engine. Probably can't go wrong with either, just a matter of personal preference. made billet caps for the ends.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
i have the v&h twin slash cut staggered in black on my 2009 custom and its the best thing i have changed they are very loud but sound awesome:):):)

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the Roadburner Large Radius on my 2011 Custom. Love the sound, and the look. They are loud but not obnoxious loud. Also, I think they're the perfect curve for the frame and the way the bike looks. Really simple to install probably took me about an hour, and I have never worked on a bike before, but I know about cars so not totally naive when it comes to mechanical things.

·
Registered
75 Posts
My Ex!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
29 Posts
pipes

I have a set of v&h twin slash cut chrome exhaust for vulcan 900 for sale. Asking $300 plus shipping or best offer if anyone is interested. Under 50 miles on them. Hi; Do you still got the pipes? I want them, I got the $300.00. could you call me, to discuss them? 320 373 5088.(if i am not there, leave a message, with your number) Thanx.....

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hey doughreck I want to buy your pipes!I have the 300. give me a call 320 373 5088.(if i don,t answer, leave me a message, with your number. & time to call..Thanx...

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the road burner. They look awesome. I took the baffles out and they are loud, and sound great. I did the complete debaffle on the stock exhaust. Sounded better, but not near the roadburner

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't think I'll be taking the baffles out of mine anytime soon. They are plenty loud for me, and living in military housing I don't want to get to many people looking at me when I pull up! But, they look good, and sound good so I'm happy.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts