Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been offered some V&H slashcuts at a price that's too good to refuse

http://www.vanceandhines.com/store/metric/kawasaki/18389

Will I need a fuel pak with these or can I just bolt them on and go on my U.K. 2008 classic stock bike?
Not interested in more hp just need more decibels. There is a "power commander 5" included but there is a ? as to whether it'll be compatible on a 2008 classic.

Would appreciate any quick advice on this as the pipes wont hang around for the price they're being offered!

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have them and run a power commander with them. They are loud!
They also scrape 2 up on rh bends if you crank over too much. Buyem!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could I run them without the power commander though? - would prefer to leave the commander off if possible

·
Registered
243 Posts
I have an 03/ 1500 Meanstreak, and am running Hard Chrome after market pipes without any power commander. Runs just fine.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Buy 'em. I've had Cobras on mine with the stock intake and no fuel processor for almost 7000 miles. Check the plugs at the recommended intervals to look for any problems but I haven't had any.

·
BOTM Winner, February 2016
265 Posts
I have the same pipes on my 2008 900 Classic LT. No modifications to intake or power commander, so you should be fine. A little popping on decel is all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I personally find the V&H Slashcut Staggereds to be obnoxiously loud, and there's been some folks who have complained about fitment issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
hi all I have just bought a 2008 vn 900 classic with the v&h on it I get the popping aswell but I also get the FI light coming on sometimes what does it mean and what do I need to do

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the slash cut and staggered on mine and I absolutely love them. They make the bike sound like a V-Twin should. My club brothers hate riding on my right though lol. But I have a PC installed but I never took it to a dyno and it's running just fine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts