Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, plan to buy this exhaust for my Voyager 1700 year 2009. Anyone can give some feedback with regards to performance comparing to the stock exhaust. Secondly, does it come without the catalytic converter? Any info appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
2,434 Posts
The 48 state USA bikes do not have catalytic converters, but the California models do have one. Vance & Hines do not come with catalytic converters. If you look at the first link for the Vance & Hines site, they state in their disclaimer that it illegal to sell their exhaust for vehicles equipped with pollution control. It will work on the bike, but will need to do some modifications for the Oxygen Sensor and what ever is different from the non catalytic converter models. Your bike is also equipped with an Evaporative Emission Control system. See third link below for picture. Don’t know your laws in Malaysia in regard to modifications to the emission systems. Might cause issues with inspections if you have them there. There is a company here named Ivan’s Performance that performs flashes on the ECM to adjust for exhaust and intake modifications. Would be worth it to call him and discuss your options. Have included his website link in the second link below. Good luck.

·
Registered
706 Posts
You will notice a slight improvement in throttle response and acceleration. Notice I said slight. Don't expect a fire breathing monster to evolve.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the info. Any reputable seller for this Vance & Hines exhaust that does the shipping to Malaysia? I know there are some in Ebay but I rather deal with a trustworthy one.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Thank you for the info. Any reputable seller for this Vance & Hines exhaust that does the shipping to Malaysia? I know there are some in Ebay but I rather deal with a trustworthy one.
I don't think there'll be anyone who knows whether any of them ship to Malaysia, but two reputable sellers who I deal with quite a lot and who are normally quite happy to ship to NZ safely - are Revzilla and Partzilla.

When I load those purchases of V&H exhausts into my carts - I find that Revzilla won't ship them to NZ because there's a local agent, but Partzilla will (for around US$100 shipping). You need to check both retailers yourself to see whether either one will ship to Malaysia, and if they do, maybe choose the one that does it cheapest?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts