Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2008 with these pipes, do they have baffles in there that can be removed? Any way I could make them a little louder?

Thanks, Sean.

·
Registered
711 Posts
If they came with baffles you should be able to tell just by looking at the end of the pipe. They do come with from V&H. When you remove them you can cut the tip of the front of the baffle to open them up a bit. Or cut them in half and only install the rear part and that gives you a perfect sound (at least for me). If you remove them completely they will sound horrible and way too loud.

·
Registered
711 Posts
^^
by the way, you have to remove the rear pipe shield to be able to remove the baffle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I believe there is just one screw that holds it in but like Classtom said you have to remove the outer slant ,which will probably be easier just to remove the pipe to do this

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just removed the baffles, i personally thought it sounded pretty awsome. i haven't taken it for a ride yet with them removed, forcast says rain till next week!!! anyways, classtom, you said you cut the baffles in half and only installed the rear portion, how did you hold them in place? i know you have to remove the one allen key at the end of the pipe to remove the whole thing. did you just shove it in there as far as it would go and it just stay?

oh and no need to remove the entire pipe, just the 4 clamps (2 for top pipe, 2 for bottom pipe) that hold the pipe covers on and wiggle em out.

thanks for all the help, i will probably end up cutting them in half and putting the rear part in.

you think there will be any mileage/power difference with the entire baffles removed?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts