Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not a big fan in trying to de-baffle my pipes, i know its a cheap way, but I have a few buddies who have had problems after debaffling their pipes. My question is what do more people have on their 900's? I have an 08 Custom and want the best deep sound, dont care if the neighbors awake when I go to work. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have Vance and Hines Slashcut Staggereds on mine. To me they are loud, deep and throaty.

Keep in mind, pipes are a very subjective topic. What looks and sounds good to one can be an abomination to others. :)

My two cents

·
Registered
742 Posts
tru tru tru...

i have the vance & hines on my custom as well... but i have heard the cobra shorts and they sound beefier?!?! it depends on what you want... but you'll never get that "harley sound" from a rice machine!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Have V&H but also like the cobra 2 into 1. I got the V&H because I was able to hear them on a bike at dealer & the sound is just right for me.I want to hear it but don't want it too loud,get enough noise in the shop

·
Registered
67 Posts
I also have the V&H pipes. Like was previously stated, this is a very subjective topic, as its all a matter of opinion as to what you think sound/look better. I love the sounds of the Vance and Hines, It's loud enough, but i don't find it obnoxious, although it does have a tendency to set off car alarms. Also, i haven't done it, but the V&H pipes are easily debaffled by removing a screw, and they can be put right back it. It's all a matter of personal preference... I'm partial to V&H, but thats because that's what I owe... they also tend to be less expensive than cobra....good luck

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
My faves!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I would have to say I like the sound of both, but personally I went with the V&H simply because I think they look better on the bike. But I have a Classic LT. I don't think you can go wrong either way as far as sound so I would go with what you think looks better on the bike.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Before I got my V&H I drove all over Dallas many times looking for other bikers with different exhasut systems. The only ones that I put over the V&H is the HardKrome Side Burners but that's because I like a deep sound. Do what I did and go to bars, bike rides or any place where you can find bikes and compare before you buy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got my V&H staggered slash cuts in today and installed. Started it up and got goosebumps from the way it sounded. I love the deep throaty sound, and like how I can still hear the exhaust at 50 mph. Very impressed. My next question though, should I install a fuel management system? The instructions for the pipes mentioned it. Any ideas?

·
Registered
950 Posts
Got my V&H staggered slash cuts in today and installed. Started it up and got goosebumps from the way it sounded. I love the deep throaty sound, and like how I can still hear the exhaust at 50 mph. Very impressed. My next question though, should I install a fuel management system? The instructions for the pipes mentioned it. Any ideas?
I think you should be ok unless you install an aftermarket air cleaner. However, I would check the plugs after a few hundred miles to make sure.:cool:

·
Registered
67 Posts
I got the V&H pipes on my '09 custom. technically speaking, just changing the pipes, you do not need an aftermarket fuel management system. If you upgrade your air filter, then you need the fuel management. I run my bike with the V&H pipes and stock air filter, and do not have any fuel management. I have never had any issues. The bike runs great. When I first installed the pipes, I noticed a lot of "popping" sounds on decelleration, but it has significantly lessened over time. The pipes are great, and if you have the money to spend, it wouldn't hurt to get a fuel management, but it is not necessary unless you also change the air filter.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts