Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Been out of town and away from my computer, so I couldn't answer. The "hook" is one of the apparently standard screw-on ends for the slide hammer, or at least it was on Amazon.

·
Registered
25 Posts
No worries....I held off buying the slide hammer because it's not very long. Did you just "hook" one of the inside louvres to pull them out?? I Don't think the ones I'm looking at are long enough to get to the very front of the baffle...

·
Registered
23 Posts
I bought the screw-on extension along with the slide hammer, to ensure that I could reach the back of the baffle. The hook isn't very big, barely enough to grab an edge, and screws onto the end or the extension. but it worked. Imagine my surprise to see such a short baffle in a 4" pipe. No wonder it's so loud. Too bad they never made a "quiet baffle" for the Classic II's. I'm having the H-D take-off put on my Nomad to replace the V&H next week. I will remove the FuelPak too.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I CAN NOT for the life of me get it to hook inside...I've pushed the end of the slide hammer all the way in and slowly dragged it back, turned it, etc...It won't grab anything?? @bubbadss - You said it took some work...Any ideas??

21 - 24 of 24 Posts