Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have just ordered a new set of slash cuts but have read that some people have had trouble fitting them because the stock studs are to short i have a 2009 custom so has anybody had this problem? if so is it only with certain year or model types? and does anybody have these that has the same bike and year and did you have any problems with this? i don't see why the the stock studs should be to short but apparently it is quit common and if this did happen to you what did you do about it? thanks for any info you can give

·
Registered
69 Posts
Studs were shorter than I would have liked to see on my 2010 Classic LT. With the nut on the stud was not quite flush with the end of the nut. Been on for about 3000 miles so far without any problem. Every once in a while I check them and have been able synch them up a little.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Studs were shorter than I would have liked to see on my 2010 Classic LT. With the nut on the stud was not quite flush with the end of the nut. Been on for about 3000 miles so far without any problem. Every once in a while I check them and have been able synch them up a little.
You may have already done this, but would use Blue or Red lock-tite and you shouldn't have any issues. I use Blue lock-tite on most bolts, and Red when I don't plan to take anything loose.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I have an 09 with the V&H pipes and had no trouble. I always use the blue too!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts