Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought the Vance and Hines Slash Cut Staggered exhaust for my 900 and installed it myself. I removed the baffles and replaced with the quiet baffles. I wound the white material with thin gauge wire so I could get them in and it was still really hard! I got them both in but there is NO WAY to get the set screw holes to line up, just way too tight. My question is, will they fall out??

·
Registered
478 Posts
They may very well loosen up and fall out. I wouldn't trust them. I have Cobra drag pipes on mine, and it is a hassle to line up the screw holes. I use a scratch awl to get them close, then put in the screws that I sharpened on the ends to make them easier to start. They stick into the exhaust flow 3/8" or so, but that doesn't hurt anything.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Did the same thing. Try pulling them out again and wrap them with painters tape. Nice and tight. Tape will melt off eventually and you will have a much easier time lining up the holes

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tight Fit

+1 on wrapping them with tape to hold the insulation as tight as possible, I used ordinary clear packing tape. Also, I cut about 6 inches of the insulation off so it's not as thick when wrapped around the baffles. Worked like a charm, and they were still a lot quieter than the V&H stock baffles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts