Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using Vance and Hines Fuelpak with a Hyper Charger?

I have VN900C with V&H Twin Slashed Staggered Pipes and I am considering getting this Hypercharger:
KA-600162 - Thunder MFG Hyper Charger - Type A Black

I did not see any hyper charger map on V&H site... I did email them (and waiting for reply).

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Fuelpak and hypercharger.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
Hey there, i did not use the fuel pak and can not tell from the post whether you already have purchased it or not.

Here is a link to a previous thread that i did ... http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20237

I kept my stock pipes with the hypercharger but used a cobra FI 2000 power pro "auto tune", i used to be a dyno and map guy but got converted. This fuel processor works as advertised. Justs gives you another option.

There is a hypercharger install pictorial on page 4 of the link supplied, in the 4th post, it is accurate, i have zero mechanical ability and did it myself. The power pro is simple to install, just follow the instructions supplied, its a little fiddly to get to the injectors and small hands are a bonus, but i also got it done with out any real drama.

Get it all installed, ride the bike and wind it out thru the gears and it sets itself regardless of the configuration that you may have, and then self adjusts from there.

Any questions, just holler.

cheers Maurice

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Anyone using Vance and Hines Fuelpak with a Hyper Charger?

I have VN900C with V&H Twin Slashed Staggered Pipes and I am considering getting this Hypercharger:
KA-600162 - Thunder MFG Hyper Charger - Type A Black

I did not see any hyper charger map on V&H site... I did email them (and waiting for reply).

I was wondering if anyone had experience with Fuelpak and hypercharger.
From what other posters have said, including other forums, the Hypercharger is on a par with other free flow air kits. I think you're OK using a map that lists an after market air cleaner.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Vance and Hines tech wrote back:

"I would first replace the air intake. If you notice anything wrong with it, use FP-4261. That is for intake and exhaust. They are very similar though, just a bit richer. "

This is if you are using V&H Twin Slashed Staggered pipe with quiet baffle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts