Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been looking at ordering a shim kit for my 900 classic does any one know if these shims are of what size a ive seen 7mm ones and 9 mm ones. need a order a kit have two of these bikes his and hers. If anyone also knows of a link that would also help for them thks

·
Registered
170 Posts
I don't know how it works where you live or how close you are to a Kawasaki dealer but I wouldn't buy a shim kit. What I do is start in the morning and take the bike apart and take the measurement to find out what shims I need. Then I take my shims into the Kawi dealer and trade them for the size of shims I need. My dealer charges $4.00 a shim if I bring in the old ones. Most times when you do the adjustment you will find that a few of the shims will move to another valve and you only have to replace 1 or 2.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as for buying a kit looks to me a better way to go as i have 2 of these bikes and think will have them for a while so think i found the answer i was looking for there are 9.48 mm in size did some research on the web does anyone know does this sound right

1 - 4 of 4 Posts