Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i did it adjusted my valves today was a lot easier then i though had the service Manuel to help on the tighten of the bolts and the order in which to do the job. I think anyone with a little bit of mechanical skill can easily do this job don't waste your money at the dealer really was easy. AS for the gaps on the valves only have to adjust the rear 2 exhaust valves on the rear cly. where a little tight for the rest where right in specs. takes about 4 hours going slow and careful. also a good time to clean where the sun don't shine was a little dirty. Will be a pro next time have to do the wife's soon she also has a Vulcan 900

·
Registered
941 Posts
YEAH BOB!!! THIS THREAD IS USELESS WITH OUT PICTURES!!!

naw seriously, that is encouraging to know it won't be too bad. I promise that I will try really hard to document mine, when I get to do mine. First I have to install a new bath and shower in my house, then I have to enterain my mom and her husband over memorial day, then i have my cousins graduation party, who is going off to marine corp basic 3 days after graduation. So sometime in June hopefully. But if the weather ever gets nice it will be too hard to want to sit in a garage and wrench when I could be out riding. It's not like I have a Harley.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no pictures needed as long as you have the service manual you have all the pictures you need. also you will need that manual as you will need to know all the specs on the tighting of the bolts. i was surprise that the head bolts are in inch pounds so very be careful on these.

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Awww Bob, ya missed your chance to be " stickied" to the hall of shame...er fame!

Jace, waiting patiently, take your time.....I'm at 4500 kms now.....As soon as you document your valve job, I'll print it off, staple it up, and have a comprehensive guide how to ruin my bike.....lmao.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts