Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in the process of putting on new pipes when low and behold, what appears to be a vacuum hose is just hanging there not connected to anything. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find out where goes.

I have a 09 vulcan 900 custom se, the hose is in the area underneath the leading edge of the seat, behind the engine.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I'm in the process of putting on new pipes when low and behold, what appears to be a vacuum hose is just hanging there not connected to anything. I have looked everywhere and can't seem to find out where goes.

I have a 09 vulcan 900 custom se, the hose is in the area underneath the leading edge of the seat, behind the engine.

That is your drain hose, or fuel overflow . Its there to release pressure in case of expansion in your tank, its not supposed to connect to anything. It should smell like fuel.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks sarge, I just talked to the mechanic up at the dealer and they told me the same thing. First bike, so some of it is a little new.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Don't feel bad. This is a good honest question. It is always better to ask a question and know that there is nothing to worry about, than to not ask and hope there is nothing to worry about. Especially with bikes. Engine failure on a car can be expensive. Engine failure at the wrong time on a bike can be deadly.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Don't feel bad. This is a good honest question. It is always better to ask a question and know that there is nothing to worry about, than to not ask and hope there is nothing to worry about. Especially with bikes. Engine failure on a car can be expensive. Engine failure at the wrong time on a bike can be deadly.
Jeep Pirates right, you should never hesitate to ask a question. Thats what this forum is for.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine has leaked with full tank, half tank or almost empty tank.

KenDawg,

Dealer replaced the check valve under warranty supposedly with a newly designed one from Kawi. The new one is better, but still leaks.

Dealer has checked with Kawi and the tube is not supposed to be leaking gas at all, that's what the check valve is supposed to stop, the gas from coming out.

Purchased my bike in January and the first valve leaked gas even on cold winter days.

Going back to the dealer with this, I'll update accordingly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts