Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure these threads are here but I'll ask anyway. I have not taken the headlight apart yet but I have read that there is an accessory wire in there. Is there only the one and what color is it? Under the seat there is suppose to be an accessory wire too, what color would that one be.

I am adding an accessory outlet for a GPS on the front and a trunk with lighted(LED) spoiler on the rear. If anyone has done either and has any pics or tips you would have would be appreciated.

I am looking for a chrome accessory plug to mount to the handle bars if anyone knows of where to pick that up.

·
Registered
424 Posts
The accessory circuit in the headlight and under the seat are both red and black wires with bullet connectors that are white.

BE ADVISED THIS CIRCUIT IS ALWAYS ON, DIRECT WIRE TO BATTERY.
And you should not hook up more than 70 watts extra load to the charging system.

The GPS you mention should be wired to a switched circuit and the trunk needs to operate from the running light circuit.

This works great for a power point and is great looking. Pricey but I like it.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/kuryakyn-universal-handlebar-electrical-power-point-1-inch-bars/part/KY-1423

·
Registered
430 Posts
The GPS you mention should be wired to a switched circuit and the trunk needs to operate from the running light circuit.

[/URL]
Do they have other mounting locations? I wouldn't want a fixed outlet on my bars. And is this a switch or is it always on? This can be connected to the battery tender?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
424 Posts
Do they have other mounting locations? I wouldn't want a fixed outlet on my bars. And is this a switch or is it always on? This can be connected to the battery tender?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
This unit is permanent mount on handle bars and I wired direct to battery, comes with a 10 amp fuse. Also has an old style cigarette lighter included. So if I use it I have to unplug or turn off when the bike is off. It can be wired to a switched circuit but I took the easy route. Works well, the cap is tight and looks good to boot. Can be used to power most electronics used today including recharging your cell phone.

Do not connect to battery tender, been there done that :eek:, the battery tender fuse is 3 amp and quickly magic smoke appears.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts