Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DMV said I need an engine number not just the VIN listed on the title. I cant find it on the engine but didnt lay down and look underneath yet. Anybody post a pic n tell me where this mystical number is to prove original engine so I can get the title transferred monday?

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
I think it is on the bottom of the engine on the right side, towards the back, stamped in. You should be able to see it above the front cylinder exhaust pipe. Back and under the chrome bulge of the lower engine cover.

·
BOTM Winner, June 2015
842 Posts
If you haven't gotten a service manual yet, you should get one. That information is located in the General Information section, under "Model Identification". :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thx. Found it. Now I have an oil leak today on the asphalt after a 40 minute ride! Grrr.... Bike sat there for 4 hrs while I went boating and found a spot size of silver dollar or so. Couldnt find where leaking from and had to get home b4 dark. Now to watch my garage floor. The spot was right beneath this hose that hangs down to let something drain. Lol...guess I need that manual or a man big time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts