Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I've been scouring the internet looking at pics of nice V2K customised bikes (what else am I going to do during three weeks Coronavirus lockdown!)
Anyway, I've seen a few that mention "pulley brake conversion" in the description and doing a bit more digging I now have an idea what this entails. The questions I have are:
1) Has anyone here done this?
2) What parts or kit did you use if the answer to Q1 is yes? - I've seen off-the-shelf kits for Harleys but of course, nothing for our bikes.

Grateful for any tips,
Cheers

·
Registered
11 Posts
If it is really something you just gotta have or do, then your only hope in this world is to buy those hardly parts and refit them to your more refined beast mobile. you may have to do some cutting and welding to fit the new caliper to your swing arm. but hey its your bike and project, you can do what you want. nobody is gonna give you razz for pushing the envelope.. or , well, maybe just your buddies. because they can. there was an outfit in Ca, eXile MC that did this kind of edgy stuff. check them out. get back to us. poncho

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is really something you just gotta have or do, then your only hope in this world is to buy those hardly parts and refit them to your more refined beast mobile. you may have to do some cutting and welding to fit the new caliper to your swing arm. but hey its your bike and project, you can do what you want. nobody is gonna give you razz for pushing the envelope.. or , well, maybe just your buddies. because they can. there was an outfit in Ca, eXile MC that did this kind of edgy stuff. check them out. get back to us. poncho
Thanks for that info, I haven't made up my mind to do this or not just yet, I'm still thinking about it. I'll check out eXile MC and have a look. I'll definitely post back what I decide to do in the end.
Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts