Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 2007 2000 vulcan, 1367 original miles. They want 8 k. Half of me thinks that's a good deal other half says that's a lot of money for a six year old bike,yeah it's clean and super low miles but what is your guys thoughts? Thanks for any input

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been looking. Most clean ones are in the 6k range with a lot more miles. What's a fair price for the bike? I think 6k would be a great deal but 8 seems high even for a low mileage bike

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Fact is the V2K didn't sell well, even if there are a lot of people who really really like it. (And people who own them love them). They don't have a ton of resale value. Local dealership had one for $5k recently with 9k miles. I don't recall what year, but it's not at all uncommon to find used V2K's priced fairly closed to (much cheaper MSRP new) VN900's.

Keep shopping, there are lots of deals to be had on the V2K.

·
Registered
408 Posts
That is pretty low miles, but the price clearly reflects what the seller wants for what I suspect is a bike that has been on the market for only a short time. Around here I've seen an 07' & an 08' classicLT both with 5-7K miles for less $ than that. If you're wanting to add bags, a sissy bar and a windshield you can add ~ $1K to the price of what you'll pay for a standard VN2000.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Found a 2007 2000 vulcan, 1367 original miles. They want 8 k. Half of me thinks that's a good deal other half says that's a lot of money for a six year old bike,yeah it's clean and super low miles but what is your guys thoughts? Thanks for any input

FYI there's one near me that's been for sale for a few months. It's a 2007 with 6000 miles and he's been asking $7800 and obviously he's had no bites at that price.

·
Registered
207 Posts
thinkin

5500.00 id sell mine. Its an 06. 20000 miles+- needs a little TLC on fender. Other that bike runs great. I just dont have enough time to ride it.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
5500.00 id sell mine. Its an 06. 20000 miles+- needs a little TLC on fender. Other that bike runs great. I just dont have enough time to ride it.
Trade ya! LOL

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
7k, give or take, must be "book" for that vintage. Those that are listed on CL around these parts are all listed in that ballpark. OTOH, many of them had pipes, aftermarket air, one or two even had fuel box as well.

·
Registered
207 Posts
7k, give or take, must be "book" for that vintage. Those that are listed on CL around these parts are all listed in that ballpark. OTOH, many of them had pipes, aftermarket air, one or two even had fuel box as well.
Ive got cobra pipes. Windshied. Mustangseat.bags.passenger backrest with luggage rack.
if someone on this forum sees it at at this price and wants it . id sell it to them ..otherwise i dont have it as for sale.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
That is about what book value on an 08 classic was back in April of last year when I purchased mine new. Before I applied for the loan they told me that they had to base the loan off book value used because their was not a New value listed. I was thinking it was around 7.4K when I got it.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts