Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What is the difference between K46000-425 and K46000-427 Passenger Floor Board Kits. I understand that the 427 number supersedes the 425 number. Found the 425 kit for sale much cheaper but do not understand the differences. In the end looking to purchase a set at a reasonable price new or used for VN2000E6F - 2006 Vulcan 2000 Classic

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I responded to your previous post, but I am going to add here that on my V2K classic I went aftermarket. I got these boards with these adapters. They were cheaper than factory. I did have to grind the bottom mounting holes to fit with factory exhaust, but you can mount them higher to avoid that or with aftermarket pipes I would assume it would fit better at the lower settings. Just food for thought, they were (if I remember correctly) about $75 dollars cheaper than OEM.

·
Premium Member
574 Posts
Your best avenue, based on my experience with looking for parts for three motorcycles, is to save a search on eBay for "VN2000 floor boards" & "VN2000 floorboards". Or put in a search for "kawasaki vn2000 floor boards" and save it. You can get notifications when there are listings. (you don't need quotation marks unless you want the search to only pull up the exact phrase). Or you can look in your saved searches folder when you have time. Used parts for motorcycles is a mixed bag depending on who is selling the part, so don't necessarily buy the first listing you like unless you feel OK with the price. You can find a nice set of used floor boards for that bike, probably for a 2006.

Regarding the part numbers, you can look on line with Babbitt's Motorsports or Bike Bandit, pull up the diagram for your bike, and see if they show that later number as superseding the earlier number. If so, you can get either one to fit the bike. My guess is they are using a later production part number for supplying older models and have phased out the duplicate part number.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply SWVA_08V2k
I have seen some great aftermarket floorboards - right now I am on the OEM path.

The Heater's advice is right on.
I did a search on ebay for an OEM backrest and plain back rest pad and saved it.
It worked great as I was able to win both bids and saved a good amount of money.

I am not in a real big hurry but one does have to practice patience to buy it right.
There is no adventure in just paying retail LOL

The adventure rolls on!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I asked the question in an earlier post - "What is the difference between K46000-425 and K46000-427 Passenger Floor Board Kits?"
Was able to obtain and compare the installation instructions for 425 against 427.
The number of parts in the bill of materials, item numbers, part quantities, bolt lengths, torque values are all identical.
The only apparent change from 425 to 427 is the installation instructions.
The document went from a two page to three page.
Kawasaki split the installation diagrams into two separate images.
One diagram for rear step floor boards with bags.
A second diagram for rear step floor boards without bags.
A improvement in clarification in installation diagrams but no change in physical parts.
So if you are looking for rear step floor boards for a 2006 to 2009 VN2000 either of the part numbers will work.
Now off to go find a set for my bike - Blessed with this knowledge I'm certain I'll find a great deal out there!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installation Sucessfull

Purchased the K46000-425 Passenger Floorboard OEM Kit on EBAY. It was a New Old Stock - NOS purchase all parts still in the factory packaging.

Saved over $100 versus retail, tax and shipping.
All parts bolted on perfectly without any modifications required.
This was a without bags installation so the supplied spacers were required. Note about the spacers the two left spacers are shorter than the two right spacers and caution must be used to intall each on the correct side.

Installation confirmed that the 425 and 427 kits are identical in physical parts.
Feel free to purchase either with confidence.

I know this information is very limited in scope but I hope it helps the next person looking to do the same.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Glad you cleared that up on the spacers. I knew there was something different about it because of the lack of bag mounts, but could not remember exactly. Now it's here for reference.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts