Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a vn2k cl lt. I order the lowers last month, from a kawasaki dealer, from ebay. They will not mount without modification. My local dealers say they have never installed the lowers (hard to believe). The instructions match the product and state they are for my bike. Anybody have similar issues or installed the lowers with no problems.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
I own a vn2k cl lt. I order the lowers last month, from a kawasaki dealer, from ebay. They will not mount without modification. My local dealers say they have never installed the lowers (hard to believe). The instructions match the product and state they are for my bike. Anybody have similar issues or installed the lowers with no problems.
rock'ster, forgive me if I am ingnorant. "what the hell is lowers"?

·
Registered
538 Posts
I got mine from Kawasaki. They were, of course more expensive, but they bolted right up.......until I added my running lights (also from Kawasaki). Now they don't fit. This is the part number if your interested:

K46001-332
Windshield lowers

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see

You r right. I got the lowers from a Kawasaki dealer, factory oem. However they are K46001-328 not 332. They r for all models except the classics and classics lt. I contacted the dealer to seek a solution. I have put them together then attempted to mount them. If I order them again, the $15.00 I saved will be wiped away. I think it was an oversight on the dealer and he might have a solution. Thanks. I have been making an item that fits in the engine guards for each of the bike I owned, I made set for the V2K, made of the high quality Aircraft plexiglass. Similar to chaps, but almost invisible. I will post some photos. Thanks

·
Registered
538 Posts
If you can get your money back from the dealer, I'll make you a heck of a deal on mine. I can't use them anyway.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have been making an item that fits in the engine guards for each of the bike I owned, I made set for the V2K, made of the high quality Aircraft plexiglass. Similar to chaps, but almost invisible. I will post some photos. Thanks
Sounds interesting. Keep me informed, please.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good news.

I wrote the dealer a nice email. I was hoping he would work out a partial deal on the correct set of lowers. But these were a display item and he is not going to order them. But he refunded my money. SOO yes I would like to strike a deal. If they are in great shape. I assume they are. I find plexiglass cleaner is the best chrome polish. It will never haze the chrome. You can email me direct [email protected]
Thanks
Larry

1 - 13 of 13 Posts