Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a hidden hitch for my 2007 Classic LT. I found this one,
is anybody using it and what do they think. http://www.dauntlessmotors.com/hitch-pages/kawasakihitches.htm

I read a little about Hitchdoc as well, but you have to build your own bolts, and I figure if you have to spend that kind of money, maybe it should be right. They also don't show it on their site anymore.

Also looking for any other suggestions and maybe pics. I live in Canada, is there a solution in Canada as well. Maybe a little easier to get shipped

·
Registered
419 Posts
Just joined this forum. Don't know if anyone is still interested in adding a hitch but I did install a Hitchdoc on my 2006 Classic 2000 LT. I believe I was the first one they made it for from what they said. I was a Kawasaki motorcycle mechanic for 9 years, (12 years working on bikes professionally)(1970 ~ 82). It sure would of been easier if I'd had a good jack and had taken off the rear tire. I had to fabricate some of the bolts for the mounts out of 3/8 allthread. Wasn't too hard to do. I took pictures and marked up the instructions and sent them to them but don't know if they changed anything. Anyway this hitch is much better than any I'd seen. Nice chrome and when the reciever is removed, only a little chrome at the sides of the fender is noticeable and it looks factory. No tire rub or problems. I am very satisfied even with having to fabricate a little.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts