Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a recently acquired shed(unfortunately not barn or shop)find 2006 VN2000 Classic LT. It has less than 1000 miles on it is the only reason it is now titled in my name. I have not heard it run yet and that is priority "1". To that end I have had the tank cleaned and resealed but after two days, two full cans of WD40 and a can of Break clean, with compressed air blowing all of it out I am still flushing crud out of the fuel pump cup. I would just replace it but at just under $700 dollars the Kawasaki OEM part is crazy when the pump it self is only $69. The screen pressure regulator and filter are built in with the pump so there is no way to check them. Does anyone know the output pressure? Even though there is limited space I would actually prefer an external filter and regulator but if anyone has a working fuel pump for a reasonable price let me know.

·
Super Moderator
2,366 Posts
If the fuel tank had that much crap in it, definitely there is junk in the pump. Here is the factory repair manual link for checking and cleaning the pump. Second link is to Quantum fuel products for your model. For the cost, would go with new components. Also, here is a Google search on fuel tank cleaning.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts