Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what all innerchangeability there is between models.

Per say Vulcan 1700.

I am looking for a sissy bar and a guy on C-list was selling one cheap for 1700

I assume passanger foot pegs are universal.

But does anyone have a knowleged base on this that can share.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
most passenger foot boards are interchangeable among most kaw models. As long as they mount the same. the passenger pegs won't fit on the back of an LT or the Voyager (since they came with boards) and the other way too.

As for sissy bars, I think the VN900s are the same. They are sister bikes in Kaws line up. They are remarkably the same but yet very different. I think they will interchange but not 100%. But the 1700s and the V2Ks are nothing alike.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
most passenger foot boards are interchangeable among most kaw models. As long as they mount the same. the passenger pegs won't fit on the back of an LT or the Voyager (since they came with boards) and the other way too.

As for sissy bars, I think the VN900s are the same. They are sister bikes in Kaws line up. They are remarkably the same but yet very different. I think they will interchange but not 100%. But the 1700s and the V2Ks are nothing alike.
+1. Sissy bar, boards, saddlebags, etc., etc., are the same on the 900 and V2K. Often you'll see them advertised for a "Vulcan 900/2000". Basically the V2K is what happens when you take a Vulcan 900 (A bigger bike to start with than people give credit, despite it's small engine), and shoehorn out the engine bay to fit a 2,053cc monster and do a couple small tweaks to the fuel tank. There's a surprising number of parts that are 100% interchangeable on the two bikes, despite NOT being compatible with the 1700 line.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just a question i am new to kawi forums i rode a intruder prior and triumph before that. But is there a sticky which disscuss or has a list of smiliar or matching or parts which with little mod can be used on V2K.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Just a question i am new to kawi forums i rode a intruder prior and triumph before that. But is there a sticky which disscuss or has a list of smiliar or matching or parts which with little mod can be used on V2K.
IN the 900 forum that is a sticky in there that has stuff for it listed.

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17658

I have not read through it much but I would guess there is some good info there.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I may be off base, but I don't think you Kaw rep knows what he is talking about. I owned an 07 1600 Mean Streak and I now on a 08 V2K Classic. There is nothing alike about the bike. I may be wrong and have tasted crow several time and will eat my fair share of it. But I think he is wrong.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Mean Streak = Shaft Drive
V2K = Belt

Mean Streak = Dual shock Rear Swing Arm
V2K = Mono Shock.

Mean Streak = Inverted front Shocks
V2K = Tradition Shocks

Mean Streak = OHC engine
V2K = Push Rod
(Engines are NOTHING alike)