Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of a stock '08 and I'm looking for pipes with some roar to them. I'm leaning toward Baron Custom Big N Nasty's, possibly Cobra PowerPro 2 into 1 or Freedom Performance. Does anyone have any suggestions?

·
Registered
83 Posts
When I had my 2006 V2K LT, I installed the Cobra HP 2 into 1 exhaust, and loved it. Improved the performance, and a very nice sound.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
Did that Freedom exhaust involve any jet kit, fuel processor or O2 sensor mods?
No pipes (to my knowledge) require a jet kit or mods to the 02 sensor.

if your just changing out the pipes, no need for a fuel processor.

You only need a fuel processor when you change out the pipes AND the air intake.

·
Registered
643 Posts
My 2010 came from the dealer with what I think are Hard Chrome 2 into 2 and they sound great but are REALLY loud. Bikers and non-riders alike are always telling me how good the bike sounds. If I lived nearby I'd let you give them a listen and trade you strait up for the stock system if you like them. I'm just getting old and need something a little quieter. I did an Iron Butt and was darned near stone-cold deaf for three days after.

I'm telling you this in case you want to look into the Hard Chromes.

Kawasaki Vulcan 2000 Classic 2004-12 Motorcycle Exhaust | Hard-Krome

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I have V&H Powershots on mine (with baffles). I still have some popping but how I run the throttle can make the difference between very little or more.

They're plenty loud when you're givin' it the gas but not too loud when just cruising. To me they also have a good tone. Some of the other pipes seem to have a higher-pitched rap or chime to them that really isn't for me. The Powershots seem to have a bit more "throaty" tone, at least that's the way I hear it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the input. I went ahead with the Baron Big N Nasty's. They have a low rumble and don't scream until you really get on it which I like. Now next will be the air kit and power commander.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts