Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Polished the forks, Euro gears done, rectifier relocated, internal handlebar wiring completed, air ride installed, polished floorboard and levers, led bulbs in spot lamps, rear brake caliper relocated, front fender primed, working on the rear fender, will have to change or or modify corbin bags.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Polished the forks, Euro gears done, rectifier relocated, internal handlebar wiring completed, air ride installed, polished floorboard and levers, led bulbs in spot lamps, rear brake caliper relocated, front fender primed, working on the rear fender, will have to change or or modify corbin bags.
Okay, so you are doing a drifter treatment to a v2k? You have my full attention! This should be interesting.

·
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright, while waiting for resin to dry I began to tackle the front wheel. Picked up a used Street Glide set and began the mod. Ground off 4mm from each caliper mount and must mill down the axle spacers. Torn between stock wheel with my fiberglass fender and tge SG wheel with the Gilroy fender. Inputs?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
MAN! you're building my dream bike!

·
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Spacers completed (31.825mm). Used a set from a 1600 Meanstreak and cut to size with a grinder and cutting wheel.

Edit: math conversions were off innitially. SG wheel sleeve comes in at 133.35mm. Spacers needed are 31.8mm. Had to add some washers to get my forks straight.

Attachments

·
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Street Glide Wheel

Completed the mod. Had to use a file to get them spacers just right. Mainly did it to have more aftermarket wheel/rotor options. I hate that not many custom wheels give the option for matching rotors.

Attachments

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
Mainly did it to have more aftermarket wheel/rotor options. I hate that not many custom wheels give the option for matching rotors.
Looking really good.

I hear ya on the rotors. I would love to have a matching rotor for my RC wheels.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Looking really good. I hear ya on the rotors. I would love to have a matching rotor for my RC wheels..
mebbe shuld look at some pulley/brake combos.. move the caliper over to the left side and clean up the rite side, expose that wheel..
if yor mor adventurous, you could lose the belt and do a chain drive with rear sprocket rotor = sprotor. makes for a trim'r look and can squeeze in a fatter tire? poncho

some even shitcan the entire rear softail cage and use a single (left) sided swing arm with sprocket and centerline pulley on wheel hub. rear wheel just bolts to hub clean on rite side.. show bikes. itsa thot? poncho

·
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ponch, all good mods indeed. I would love to have a chopped street fighter V2K with a single sided swingarm. A dealership in Albuquerque had something close: chain drive custom swingarm, but not single sided.

Attachments

·
BOTM Winner, April 2016
427 Posts
thanks for putting that up! the front wheel idea is right up mu alley, I will do that one for sure!

·
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I tried using the mounts many have used on the Nomad bags to save my Corbins, but I don't believe it's going to work out. They simply stick out to far and I question weather they can be loaded.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 41 Posts