Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm going to pull the trigger on an 07 2000. Looked at a lot of bikes. Love my 800 so much I just have this allegiance to Kaw's which will not go away. I want to go darkside on this bike. Asking for help from my forum members to point me in the right direction. I would like to convert this into a single rider and to make it loud. Advice appreciated. Thank you...

·
Registered
127 Posts
darkside

I'm changing to a 225-50-16 Nitto when my rear tire goes, but the way I ride, that will be a while away yet.

Check out Poncho Villas glass pack slip-ons for loud'n'light.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I can't comment on a dark side tire but if you want louder and a good looking set of loud pipes, I would recommend the Hard Krome 3" long pipes. I put a set on my 2008 v2k and they are plenty loud. They come with baffles but they are easy to remove. Installation is very simple and I think mine even came with new gaskets.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
cherries de'bom

So those are car mufflers. ;) Actual cherry bombs ? How long are they ? What is the I.D. on each end ? Did you have to make hangars for them or do the stock headers hold them up ? JJ
yep, they be fishally cherry bomb brand glass pax. 1.75"ID both ends x 18"long.
they fit snug on the stock header pipes, had to beat em on with a rubber mallet.
did weld a bracket. the bolt kept snapping. theyr lite nuff to just hang. $25~each? nice low rumble at idle. ther be a utoob clip. ponchos monster?

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
Even louder and lighter than the Cherrybombs are a couple of 1-3/4" X 18" long "exhaust extensions". AutoZone, about $6.50 each. Dragpipe sound with those, but about at minimalist as you can get. Work fine with stock air filter.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thanks.
I don't want to get crazy loud like that would be.
The V2K stock system is nice but it's awfully quiet.
I don't want to get a headache from noise & I am not antisocial & don't want to be one of the guys that makes riders look bad.
I would like something that sounds nice at idle and at 60 - 70 mph.
Something that will bark when I turn it on and rumble when I don't !

JJ

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you going for a "bar-hopper" look?
Short answer yes, shorter answer is I would like to purchase your bike. Kidding but sorta not really. Now you know what I'm chasing. You built a beauty for sure. This would be my darkside, one-up, loud after work rider. I've read everyone's responses and I appreciate the feedback. Please guide me through the process. I'm not up to making Ponch's brackets, although impressive Ponch but I like the one inch lower shock idea. I have 3" Hardkromes on my C90 so just for something different I think the Cobra slashdowns might do with a Gmann FI controller. So first thing is DARKSIDE. All forum member advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you...

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
So first thing is DARKSIDE. All forum member advice is welcome and appreciated. Thank you...
ch,, get you an extra wheel an fit a car tire to it. keep yor 'riginal w/mc tire. swap em out, 15 minutes. depending upon watt riding you do. car tire for runnin the ditch long and strate. mc tire for twistin the benders. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
i run a c/t General Altimax HP, here is a list of others tires/sizes and pressures, http://https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2XLsczhre9MaDdqaXBmMUhldXc/view?usp=sharing
I absolutly love it I live in NC go to the mnts often been up and down all over, 1up 2up, dragon, snake, blue ridge, in the rain no matter sticks to the road like its on rails, never have any issues dragin floor boards, see no purpose for a rear M/t on a cruiser expect to put on the front to get better longevity out the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
560 Posts
Darkside

205/60/16 cooper starfire, 92V. Haven't gotten to put many miles on yet (600) but so far I'm very pleased. Sticks to the pavement very well!!!

Attachments

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
Ponch, like the tread pattern on that. What make model and size please. Thank you...
that first c/t was a 90k michelin rain tire, not good was too hard, not soft shoulders. the last pic is a Toyo proxis. I bought a used wheel n pulley from GI on here, it came with that tire. its not my favorite, butt it will last 4 ever.
Some fellas here have found a soft shoulder c/t that tips in ez. All these c/t cut a corner well and plant on the road. the soft shoulder ones tip in ez'r.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts