Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what kind of light bars some of you all are running. There are a few of them I have saw out there but I don't know the placement of the turn signals after they are installed and such. Also what brands seem to be be of good quality and finish.

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
I have the Cobra lightbar. Had some issues of rust to the nuts and posts that secure the driving lights to the bar. Cobra was amicable and repalced them for me, no charge. It has an on/off switch and installation was quick and easy. Stock turn signals mount to the bar but I replaced the bulbs and lenses. Amber bulbs and Kuryakyn smoked lenses. Looks much better IMO. No amber anything left on bike.

·
Registered
659 Posts
I made my own brackets and bought some automotive driving lights, 55w instead of the light bar 35w, it makes a big difference. My buddy's Roadking has the 35w driving lights and they're OK but 55w (standard low beam) really lights up the night. I replaced my mirrors with the LED run/turn in the stalk. That's my .02.

BTW there are several on ebay right now for less than $100, lights and signals included.

·
Registered
32 Posts
If your driving lights have MR-16 bulbs you might want to upgrade to LED MR-16 bulbs. They draw a lot less power but give off nice light. I installed a set of driving lights on my fork tree bolts. I replaced the standard 50w MR-16 bulbs that it came with and put in 9w led MR-16 bulbs. Haven't got to try them at night yet as its too damn cold to ride.

Sent from my DROID3 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Cobra lightbar. Had some issues of rust to the nuts and posts that secure the driving lights to the bar. Cobra was amicable and repalced them for me, no charge. It has an on/off switch and installation was quick and easy. Stock turn signals mount to the bar but I replaced the bulbs and lenses. Amber bulbs and Kuryakyn smoked lenses. Looks much better IMO. No amber anything left on bike.
I have never had a problem with the few Cobra products I have ordered. But its good to know that they will stand by their products. That was one of the bars I was considering.

I made my own brackets and bought some automotive driving lights, 55w instead of the light bar 35w, it makes a big difference. My buddy's Roadking has the 35w driving lights and they're OK but 55w (standard low beam) really lights up the night. I replaced my mirrors with the LED run/turn in the stalk. That's my .02.

BTW there are several on ebay right now for less than $100, lights and signals included.
I looked at your pictures you have on the forum and could not get too good of a look at them. This is something I have considered because I am a "Cheap Metric owner". :D. I think I will go out this week sometime and window shop for some lights and see what all is out there.

I have the Big Bike Parts/Show Chrome part # 71-134. Signals mount below bar. Nice heavy bar. It replaced a CWI bar which cracked where the spots mount. Link to page where I bought it. (I'm pretty sure I paid a little more tho:confused:) I think some others for signal adapters.
http://www.cruisermax1.com/inc/sdetail/show_chrome_contour_light_bar_vulcan_2000/143/4756
This was also another one I was looking at. Dennis Kirk has them on closeout for 250ish. I also like the bulkiness of this one.

I've got a National Cycle lightbar on mine. I replaced the orange turn signal covers with clear lenses.

I have no experience with anything from national cycles. Also changing the lenses out looks great too.

Thanks to all of you all for your input.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have never had a problem with the few Cobra products I have ordered. But its good to know that they will stand by their products. That was one of the bars I was considering.

I looked at your pictures you have on the forum and could not get too good of a look at them. This is something I have considered because I am a "Cheap Metric owner". :D. I think I will go out this week sometime and window shop for some lights and see what all is out there.

This was also another one I was looking at. Dennis Kirk has them on closeout for 250ish. I also like the bulkiness of this one.

I have no experience with anything from national cycles. Also changing the lenses out looks great too.

Thanks to all of you all for your input.
I have the Nationals on my 06. I love the look but the mounting ears on my start cracking about a year after I got them. I had to Tig weld mine and reinforce them. I think the secret is to make some rubber mounting pads to help isolate the vibration. Since then I have had no issues and they really help out riding at night. Just remember one thing. If you do rubber mount them you will need to run a separate ground wire since the lights are frame grounded. I just mounted a separate ground back by the mounting ears and ran it back to the main frame on the bike. V2Kman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts