Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, been riding two-up with the lady lately, I have the old factory fire n steel backrest (the rectangular one) that i use for her, but it's getting old and the leather is ripping off in some areas.
My question is, is the classic LT backrest and its passenger grab bars compatible with the nacelle model, or is it just made for the lt?
I don't really think one looks better than the other, but i'm really interested in the grab bars since i haven't seen them for sale anywhere else online.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey guys, been riding two-up with the lady lately, I have the old factory fire n steel backrest (the rectangular one) that i use for her, but it's getting old and the leather is ripping off in some areas.
My question is, is the classic LT backrest and its passenger grab bars compatible with the nacelle model, or is it just made for the lt?
I don't really think one looks better than the other, but i'm really interested in the grab bars since i haven't seen them for sale anywhere else online.
I have the grab bar version with the wide pad for my 2004. You can find them on Ebay at times.
You can just get yours recovered to be like new again.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool! I was thinking of having it recovered, but i kinda like the ovaled one. Im going to try and find the grab bars by themselves.
Now, do they just go in on the strut guard's bolt? I already have saddlebag support bars, do you think it'll fit or will i need a longer bolt or spacer?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Cool! I was thinking of having it recovered, but i kinda like the ovaled one. Im going to try and find the grab bars by themselves.
Now, do they just go in on the strut guard's bolt? I already have saddlebag support bars, do you think it'll fit or will i need a longer bolt or spacer?
Somebody more qualified will have to answer that question. My setup is in a box since Corbin Beetlebags and a dual tour with backrests were installed. I do know however that you CAN make it work with the supports, most likely with longer fasteners.
Before you ask, sorry but no, I'm not selling my backrest. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hahah well thanks.
Im wondering if the grab bars would work on my backrest. Gonna have to track some cheap ones down.

Oh yeah, i wasn't gonna ask if you were selling it...

Unless....y'know, if maybe you'd take $150 for it.
Kidding, brother. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Mine was toast. Got a real nice studded cover that slipped over the original from Mustang Seats. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I don't have the backrest anymore but I do have a pair of the grab bars for sale along with the hardmount saddlebag supports.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts