Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an 04 Vulcan 2000 and it got here today. Now the problem I rode it around the block and then my son did. Just as he got back, the bike stalled and wouldn't start. We pushed it over to the driveway and then it wouldn't come on at all. No power to anything, except that the tail light comes on in park. I pulled the battery and it was charged at 12.86 volts. I need advice.

We of course checked the fuses, all were good. We took the switch apart (it had been disassembled by someone before, looking at the screws) and found one of the contact patches on the plate pitted very badly. I think it was the white or gray wire, the one which goes to two of the contact pads. There is a resistor in the switch between the white and gray wires, I think. It tested at about 130 Ohms, banded brown-black-brown-gold, which should be 100 Ohms.

None of the connections near the fuse areas seems to have an intermittent short, all seem good. ECU plugs were all tight, as were the battery cables. Any ideas?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I bought a used '05 and three days later the ignition switch went out. A buddy of mine has a V2K also, and the only problem he's had is the ignition switch.

It may be the switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts