Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my first ride after installing RJ’s heat deflectors. 65 degrees, 40 minute ride, country and interstate. Noticed an immediate difference. Still hot but only below my knees, moving or stationary. 10 minute no fuss install. Will reserve final judgment for those 85+ degree days in stop and go traffic but initially very impressed.

www.rjsoriginals.com/

·
Registered
701 Posts
Trust me when I tell you they work when it is 80* outside. You can't stop the heat, but they make a difference when it is hot outside. Well worth the money I paid for them.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I'm not sure if they help much alone, but they do keep my sheepskin pelt off the engine and pipe.

Nothing better than leather to protect you from the heat. Chaps or pants, and tall boots.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
They help keep the heat away from your seat area. It's a noticeable difference, but those darn 1700 just run soooo hot.
I need a set for my 1600 Mean Streak. I have forwards and custom seat and man do my inner thighs get hot! Big v-twins are hot. Not just the 1700s.

·
Registered
94 Posts
It's hard to tell from the pictures, do these deflectors actually touch the side covers? I like the idea but I'm concerned about scuffing issues.

Thanks
Kovo

·
Registered
318 Posts
I have ridden a few times since adding the heat deflectors and I really think they help deflect the heat. OhStellerfan I had to adjust mine a bit to make sure they didn't scuff the paint. They are vinyl covered aluminum I believe and are easy to adjust.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,111 Posts
Been running them on my 2011 Vaquero for two years and they sure help with the heat by defecting it away from my jewels.

:D

·
Registered
894 Posts
Two years on my Voyager and I am happy with them!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts