Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious if anyone has the V-Moto integrated tail light on their 900. I was browsing around Meancycles and noticed that they offer the Clear Alternatives and the V-Moto brands, but the V-moto is plug and play and includes the whole housing. There aren't any reviews of it though!! Must be new. I've heard bad things about the quality of the Clear Alternatives light.

·
Registered
658 Posts
do you have a link?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Anyone?? Mean cycles said they've sold a bunch of these, anyone here have one?
Thanks i just put the clear alternatives on my bike,(knock on wood)mine is plug and play,and two tap connectors,just a curcuit board with LED's,did see a vid on i think it was youtube,The clear alternative seemed to be brighter and visible,Hope mine holds up????

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BSE...Do you have the clear or smoke? How do you like the functionality and brightness of the clear alternatives? Did you have to install resistors?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Actually, The item only shows to fit the Classic, I assumed the classic and custom had the same tail light, but I found them to have different part numbers from OEM. Looks like I'll be going for the clear alternatives light.

·
Registered
186 Posts
BSE...Do you have the clear or smoke? How do you like the functionality and brightness of the clear alternatives? Did you have to install resistors?
I installed the clear lens version,had to black out the two mounting screws,Brakelight is way brighter and the intergrated turn signals are an eye catcher,I installed mine to use rear stock turn signals as well,just connect two extra wires,I like it,and no i did not have to use resisitors,The guy at clear alternatives said that i did not need them if using the stock turn signals with the brake-turn light,kit also came with a new relay for flashers but i didn;t need to change it.and i think it is required for later year bikes?will try to post a functional vid of it working.

·
Registered
742 Posts
... hmmm, i like the idea of it but I am looking at changing my fender... damn!

BSE, you didn't need the resistors because the run-turn-brake has everything included (as far as i know)... that's why it costs a pretty penny!

i have the clear alternatives LED upgrade for the taillight now and love it, very bright and the motolume guys were great & easy to deal with - had an issue with the first one but they resolved it fast.

i'd like to see the light on the bike working... i might be waiting a bit before chopping/bobbing my rear!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If you could post a video, that would be awesome. I haven't been able to find a good video online. Also, where did you buy your light from? Thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts