Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased V&H twin slash staggered exhaust and a Barons BAK for my 2008 900 classic. I would like to know if I'll need to make any changes on the bike other than installing the parts. I don't have the money for a commander right now. Thanks for any information.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I did the slash cuts and a big air kit, computer was very much needed!! One or the other you can get away with it but both things are not going to run right without a computer change. Good luck!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did the slash cuts and a big air kit, computer was very much needed!! One or the other you can get away with it but both things are not going to run right without a computer change. Good luck!
Thanks for the information. Which commander do you run on your Bike? Since I'm low on cash I guess I'll have to leave off the pipes. Do you have any idea what other options I have other than buying a unit which will cost me a couple hundred dollars?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks for the information. Which commander do you run on your Bike? Since I'm low on cash I guess I'll have to leave off the pipes. Do you have any idea what other options I have other than buying a unit which will cost me a couple hundred dollars?
Unfortunately with the FI the computer programmer is the only way I know of. I went with cobra Power Pro on mine which was $470. So not something that would work out for what you are looking for. I've found as a general rule ebay can knock off a couple hundred bucks compared to my local dealer. It really depends on what brand you want. You can get an FI2000 on ebay for the Vulcan for $175. Little cheaper than the fuel pak and you adjust by 3 knobs on the processor itself. It also comes preset for your bike with an aftermarket exhaust and big air intake. ;) I have a buddy that just did one on his Vulcan and worked great.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out V&H fuel pack it should be the cheapest option.
I ponied up and bought the EJK Electronic Jet Kit...250.00. It's BANGING!:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts