Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I bought a used 04 Vulcan 1600. The guy labeled it as a mean streak but it says classic on the side label. He modified the bike with Vance and Hines long shots and it looks like he did to the cad air filter mod on both sides. I haven't taken the air filter apart yet to see to what extent.

He did not put a fuel command on the bike after making those modifications. I have changed the resting rpm since getting it and I have taken apart the clutch and cleaned everything and put it back together. It is working fine and I have put about 3000 miles on it. So it's in good working order.

How much of a difference do you think adding a Commander would make?

Which would you recommend for these kind of modifications?

I have seen the COBRA one is popular in the forum.

I'm not afraid of installing anything myself. I appreciate anyone's input. I'm currently researching the products but I figured anyone's actual experience will be far more valuable than what should be better "in theory"

Thanks a lot for your help!

·
Registered
103 Posts
If he did open up the intake along with the exhaust. I would install a programmer of some sort. Because when doing both of these mods it will make the bike run leaner, to lean is not a good thing.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the response! I will definitely keep looking into them! When I decide on something I will update. I'm currently leaning towards the COBRA fi2000 so I don't have to worry about adjusting it with a laptop. I still have to look and see if the commander has a downloadable setting for my current setup or if the V&H one would still do the trick.

·
Registered
360 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I appreciate the quick link to. I will be sure to check those out and compare prices. I like the idea of not having to get out a computer when I just want to make a tweak here and there. That product was not previously on my list to research. Thanks for the heads up!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went with the Cobra fi2000. I found it on sale and it ended up being easy to install. I only got a quick test ride with it last night but, I did notice a difference. I will post about the difference it made more once I have had the chance to get it out for a couple of hours.

First impressions were nice. I thought I could feel better pick up in acceleration response and better sound.

Thanks for the help guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts