Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have this on their 900? I love the looks but i can't find reviews of people that have it on a 900. Just wondering what your opinions are if you have it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have them on my 2010 classic, nice sound & I like the looks. I have a quiet baffle.too but have never tried it.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Looks nice. Do you have any other exhausts to compare it to as far as loudness goes? I have the V&H twin slash staggered and they are too loud for me. Was hoping these might be quieter. I need ear plugs just to run to the grocery store right now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Not on this bike but I had some V&H slash cuts on a 96 Vuclan 800 & these are definately not as loud. Like I said there is a quiet baffle V&H makes for the 2 into 1.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah they still make them. Found some on eBay brand new in unopened box for $399. Most places have them listed for $799.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pipe Baffles

Thanks! Looks nice. Do you have any other exhausts to compare it to as far as loudness goes? I have the V&H twin slash staggered and they are too loud for me. Was hoping these might be quieter. I need ear plugs just to run to the grocery store right now.
I had the same issue until I bought the quiet baffles off of amazon. Currently can't link to it because I'm a new member, but here is the item title: Vance & Hines 1.5in Quiet Baffle 21899. I can now ride for hours versus minutes with these baffles installed.

It doesn't quite have the idle rumble as before, but its still has quite a bark once you're on the road.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the quiet baffles in the the twin slash staggered pipes now. Still too loud for me especially at highway speeds.

·
Registered
85 Posts
If you decide to try the quiet baffle I have one I got with my bike but don't use. Previous owner used it for a couple of hundred miles but than decided it was too quiet. I have it listed in the classifieds for $50 shipped.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Installed the quiet baffle today. Not an easy chore by the way. Definitely much quieter at start and idle. Was able to ride without plugs. But still too loud not have plugs in. Overall I'm happy with it. I must be getting old. I hate loud now. Lol!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts