Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Im new to cruisers. And looking to get one for this summer coming. I currently ride sportbikes and dirtbikes. My dad has a 1200 HD sportster that I rode already. The one local bike shop has a 2005 Vulcan 2000 with almost 12,000miles with a few add-ons for $6300. Is this a good deal?? Im thinking about offering them $6000 for it. then I'll get it OTD for around $7000 or so. My question is how does this bike handle at low speeds and its maneuverability? Im 6' and about 175lbs. Just wondering if Im going to be able to handle this bike ok?? I can handle everything else I rode before fine, but this bike weighs and is bigger then everything else I rode. Also I assume it does fine with 2 up riding. cant wait to get a cruiser for the long relaxing rides, yet this bike will go when I want to open it up!

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Hey fastride09......Can't comment on the pricing, I live in Canada and we have a lot of difference in our pricing, sounds good to me from my point of view...As far as the riding goes everyone is different...I owned a 2000 a few years ago, loved it...I have also had a 900 and i currently ride a nomad......As well as a variety of other bikes over the years...All sizes....All i can say is the 2k is a cool bike, I do most of my riding on the highway....In town it may be a little much sometimes, depends on you...It was not designed so much for city driving in my opinion...It is a highway cruiser and that is pretty much its purpose.....Lots of power and jam......Loved mine for touring....My 900 was great for around town, real easy to maneuver..very agile......My advice is to take it for a test ride, try it out before you put any money down, make sure it is what you want and suits your purpose......Good luck......Terry

·
Registered
538 Posts
In our area (California), that would be an average price for that particular bike. KBB lists them higher but they tend to do that. If you can get it for an even $6k, all the better. Good luck and you'll like the bike once you get used to it's size and power. I love mine.

·
Registered
215 Posts
In North Carolina that is a decent price here also. Here the wife and I do alot of highway miles on our 2007 2000 Classic Lt. and it is by far the best long distance bike I have owned. At first I had a time in tight spaces but after I took a Pro Riding Course (not the ones at the schools or bike shop) Low speed turns and tight maneuvars we easy. As long as you have brake and clutch pressure down no problems. Just to let you know I am 6' 205lb. We love our 2000.

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Registered
538 Posts
I think that's dry weight vs. wet weight. . .
Dry weight: 340.2 kg (750.0 pounds) for the 2005 Classic with no bags or windshield

Dry weight: 380.1 kg (837.9 pounds) for the 2009 Classic in the same configuration.

It grew a little in those four years..........:confused:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts