Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody used one of these? Just wondering if they are a good quality fairing? Seem to be able to be had for a reasonable price. I'm looking at the four speaker model. Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
My impression,
It's fibreglass not ABS. Should be strong as long as it was laid properly.
27 bids so far and it is only at $100. So no one is a firm believer in it but all want a cheap fairing. Two wind screens, not bad. I would be willing to go as high as $200 but anything above that really isn't a super deal JMHO. Remember a Memphis shades is only $150 without brackets or shield.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi Oldnfuelish;

Thanks for the eBay number. I saw the fairing and their other items. You don't see the other things on their website (at least I didn't find them).
It sounds like a pretty good fairing with the gel coat applied. Too bad you can't see it some place local to check it out. I would call them and see who makes it and if they sold to any folk in my area I could contact. Good luck!

WEG

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
seems what they are doing is having them on one auction with a 300.00 buy it now,and then another(same fairing) with a no reserve auction. Some of those no reserve auctions have ended at 150 to 175,with most a little higher.225/250 range. I will research them further,and also the Memphis Shades.. Since I ve never bought from them, are they one of the better quality places to buy?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well,I won one last night for just under 200.00 shipped. Checked sellers feedback on them,and all seemed happy with them. Will let you know how it turns out when I receive it and get it mounted.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well. Got the batwing on last night. Seems to be a decent unit,very sturdy. Mounted easy(had to remove my 2" straight risers) biggest issue is the edge where the inner and outer peices meet,I'll have to get some moulding to put around the edge. All in all,I think it's a decent piece.

Other thing is,I will have to move my fog lights out,they are just a bit too close(I didn't get a lightbar,mounted them on the stock bar) I am hoping I can use a set of the curved risers and avoid hitting the bottom of the fairing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i too am looking at the same company for a fairing. Did you get the squared up headlight fairing, or the round headlight opening. Any other problems with the mounting? Thanks in advice.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
All in all,I am very pleased with the fairing,but there are a few issues. And since this is the first fairing I have installed,i don't know if it's any better or worse to mount than any of the others. The mounting holes themselves,were slightly off,and had to use a dremel to get the fairing to sit perfectly level. It seems to be very sturdy,and made well.The trim around the top edge is a little lacking,but I used a small rubber moulding to make it look real nice.this is the square opening,and again looks nice.

Also had to adjust the radio hole size a bit(made slightly larger) to accommodate my player. Plenty of room inside for all the wiring,and added a driving light switch and lighter.
Here's how it turned out...

All in all I think it's a. Ice fairing,but does require some tinkering. A couple things I have found out are that they don't have any other windshields for them,nor do they have a chrome finish strip for the windshield .but for the cost(mine again was under 200.00 for both inner and outer fairing) I don't mind the slight inconvenience . I'm sure I can get or make something fit when I decide to. If you just want to bolt it on and go(and I don't know if that's how other fairings fit) it might not be for you.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
That fairing actually looks really good. What size shield are you using? Do you have any pictures of it installed?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It came with two 5" shields,one clear and one tinted.. Here's a pic before paint with the shield on

Haven't got to try it for a long ride yet.and if I need a taller one,I'm going to cut my original to fit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts