Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Ownership and riding them are not the same.
You know there are a bunch bought with good intentions of riding them, then they sit in the garage for the next 10 years!

Might be better and more accurate to tally up the number licensed!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I admit I have a Garage Queen but it's not because I don't want to ride. Busy Life's and mostly crappy weather have a lot to do with it. I still have under 1000 miles on my bike :crying2:

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know there are a bunch bought with good intentions of riding them, then they sit in the garage for the next 10 years!

After working in the market-research business for a number of years I can tell you a rising tide carries all boats. It's true ownership and riding are not the same, but when the number of HOUSEHOLDS owning a motorcycle goes up as much as it has from 2014 until 2018, that's a very positive indicator that the industry is healthy. 2.5 million more bikes owned now than just 4 years ago.

A healthy MC industry is the key to strong future ridership.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Sure you could sell a bunch of your things you make and that would give you a good business outlook.

But say you sell a bunch of bikes for 2-3 years.
Sales look good.
Then those bikes dont get ridden and sit. around.
The number that would buy HAVE bought one, but dont ride.
The sales go down.
Over a ten year average you cant tell that is happening.
Licensed riders tell the whole story.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Boat ownership it about 10% in the US. Of the 17 million boats out there, about 4 million aren't registered. No one ever says anything about how boats are going out of style.

It doesn't matter how many are sitting in the garage, they are there - the market is there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts