Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was getting ready to sell my Mustang seat from my Vulcan Classic and put the numbers of the box size into the UPS calculator and because of the size not the weight they want $96.30 to ship it. :surprise: How do you guys get around it?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I recently sent my seat from the Vulcan S out to get reupholstered... Atlanta to North Carolina... USPS: $11.00

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick, locally might work at this time a year because bike week is coming up and I am only 45 minutes from Daytona
BKP - It took a little bit of work to find the results but looks like USPS is $66.24 :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Rick, locally might work at this time a year because bike week is coming up and I am only 45 minutes from Daytona
BKP - It took a little bit of work to find the results but looks like USPS is $66.24 :)
Whoa... something's not right there...
Perhaps you're looking at 2-day Express?

I just ran this up using the dimensions of the box I shipped my seat in (approx. 23" x 9" x 12")
You can see the difference between 2 and 3 day USPS:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whoa... something's not right there...
Perhaps you're looking at 2-day Express?

I just ran this up using the dimensions of the box I shipped my seat in (approx. 23" x 9" x 12")
You can see the difference between 2 and 3 day USPS:

My box dimensions were 36" x 12"X 18" This is a full size one piece driver/passenger seat ( with back rest )

·
Registered
132 Posts
My box dimensions were 36" x 12"X 18" This is a full size one piece driver/passenger seat ( with back rest )
Ok... that's the issue. If you can't keep the total dimensions (H + W + L) under 48" it gets pricey.

·
Registered
126 Posts
UPS and Fedex charge individual users a lot to ship something, but they charge commercial accounts very little. I used to be able to ship using the shipping department of a small company I worked for and the rates are very low. I'm sure that UPS and Fedex can't account for the price difference just do to having to deal with a small shipper. I was pissed about it until I realized how great it is that the things I buy from commercial shippers come to me for so low of a cost. USPS charges about the same for all shippers, much better deal.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I ALWAYS ship USPS.

Priority Flat Rate is probably the best option. Cost is a a tad higher than regular Priority because they give you like a huge weight range, etc.

My PO is super friendly. I bring my item with me and they weigh it, etc. and help me determine the cheaper way to go out of the two. They give me the right sized box and I just run home, put the item in and pack it full of packing peanuts. Run it back up to the PO and send her on her way.

With Priority and Priority Flat Rate, tracking is included and $50 insurance is included. Say the seat costs $400, I would pay to add another $350 worth of coverage. ($50 included plus $350 added is $400)

FedEx and UPS can suck it.........no joke.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Again, dont forget that with Priority, the price will vary depending on weight. Priority Flat Rate, they give you like up to 90lbs or something crazy. (varies by size of box)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts