Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a 2008 Nomad 1600 and I want to upgrade my seat. Mostly for my wife. Need a really confortable passenger seat. Mustang? Corbin?

Suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I also have an 08 Nomad with the Mustang two piece seat w/driver backrest since new. Wife really likes it......and she rode passenger on GoldWings for over 30 years!

·
Registered
26 Posts
ditto on the mustang. I have the same seat on my 07 1600 classic. just added a set of kuryakyn mini passenger floorboards. now we're both comfortable and happy. of course, corbin makes some really comfortable seats. maybe whichever is the best deal? my stock seat is like new if anybody needs one.....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Best route is to take you seat to a custom seat shop and have it fit to you. There are also places like mean city cycles that you can send your seat to have is modded. Also much cheaper than an aftermarket seat gamble.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have the Mustang 2 piece, wife loves it, I also have passenger floorboards and a trunk with wraparound backrest. That is what really did it for her, stock backrest is OK, but she can ride 2 up all day now!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the Mustang 2 piece, wife loves it, I also have passenger floorboards and a trunk with wraparound backrest. That is what really did it for her, stock backrest is OK, but she can ride 2 up all day now!
This sounds perfect! Where did you get the wraparound backrest?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have a '05 classic, bought a 2 piece mustang a couple of months back. I have to say it is somewhat of an improvement over the stock seats but it moved me a little forward, the driver backrest is great. The y look better but it has a lot to do with the metal studs and a little more stiling.
I am planning on sending my stock seat for replacing the foam for something with more support, I'll keep you updated on the process and results.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Mustang on the Vaq, but I HAVE to use an AirHawk or I can only ride for 45 minutes before my backside has had enough. With the AirHawk I have regularly done 8 Hours in the saddle over the course of a 10 or 11 hour day.

The Mustang seats have exceptional build quality, I also have a pillion seat for the Harley by Mustang which I've never used, but it too is excellent quality.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts