Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can y'all give me some advice on the best aftermarket buys for a limited budget, on air cleaners and power commaders/fuel processors. I want Vance and Hines Powershots, so whatever would do the best with them. THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
If you are a do-it-yourself kinda guy and you have some tools, you can build your own intake for about $50. There are a couple of good examples in the How-to section.

·
Registered
742 Posts
here's mine... (in this thread) cost was closer to $75 after all the shipping and handling was included, but i also opted to buy a K&N instead of using the one that came with the $20 air cleaner kit from pep boys. g/l!

http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=83961#post83961

EDIT: you can save $$ if you poke the oil breather back into the plate, i chose not to and never have any problem with oil coming out of that stainless filter. i believe the problem is you create a low pressure in the air cleaner while running/revving and the oil vapors are drawn into it because of that low pressure as well as the positive pressure created in the engine... with just a tiny breather filter, you don't have that problem AND you relieve the positive engine pressures?!?!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts