108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to throw a few performance items on my Custom 900 this summer:

VH Twin Slash Staggered Chrome

Arlen Ness Big Sucker

Cobra Fi2000R

It seems that the most of these options are fairly popular and reliable

Can anyone speak to these upgrades?

The only one I'm a little hesitant with is the Fuel Processor....the PowerPro seems pretty sweet but good grief its $600 vs. $200

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
186 Posts
oooh another fuel processor debate. I would do a quick search on here for cobra and see what comes up. Others will chime in on this but there is a lot of good information already on here about the FI2000 variations.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oooh another fuel processor debate. I would do a quick search on here for cobra and see what comes up. Others will chime in on this but there is a lot of good information already on here about the FI2000 variations.
Yah i've looked over a couple of those and it seems that most people "think" the PowerPro is the best option for the $$$$ however others have said the Fi2000 works just as good....i would just hate to purchase a Fi2000R and then wished i had purchased the PowerPro...do i need to have a dyno with the Fi2000R for it to work properly?

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you want to get the best performance out of the fuel processor (other than the Power Pro since it manages itself) then some time on a dyno would be in order. However, with the popularity of the 900 and the fuel processors, I am willing to bet that you will find a map setting from someone on here that will work for the location you live in. Keep in mind that the cost of the regular fuel processor and time on a dyno will equal the cost of the Power Pro.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I actually have all of those upgrades and can attest that although limited in tuning options the cobra does it's job. I'm sure with a higher end one you could get a little more out of the custom mapping...but for what it is. . . it works great!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Yah i've looked over a couple of those and it seems that most people "think" the PowerPro is the best option for the $$$$ however others have said the Fi2000 works just as good....i would just hate to purchase a Fi2000R and then wished i had purchased the PowerPro...do i need to have a dyno with the Fi2000R for it to work properly?
You have to ask yourself what is it you want out of your fuel processor? If it's engine reliability and reduced decel popping then the $200 item will do the job hands down. If you want to get the maximum out of your upgrades then the PowerPro or the PowerCommander V with the Autotune will give you what you want.

·
Registered
507 Posts
If you want to get the best performance out of the fuel processor (other than the Power Pro since it manages itself) then some time on a dyno would be in order. However, with the popularity of the 900 and the fuel processors, I am willing to bet that you will find a map setting from someone on here that will work for the location you live in. Keep in mind that the cost of the regular fuel processor and time on a dyno will equal the cost of the Power Pro.
If you are going to buy a cheaper processor, then go and spend money getting it tuned/dyno'd, your probably better off spending the $600 for the power pro to start. However, personally I can't seem to justify the price difference either. That is mostly due to the fact that I have a Vance and Heinz Fuelpak (came with my bike) and it seems to do the job just fine.

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Agree with all the mods and have them as well. Spent the extra dollars on the PowrPro and it works great. You might want to add this mod to your list and it's free. I removed the secondary butterflies in the throttle body. Improves overall throttle response by eliminating the air restriction controlled by the ECM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts