Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 vulcan 900, I want to add 2/1 cobra exhaust has any one try this already and what was the result. Also I want to add mutazu rs hard bags can anyone comment on this.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Yup got power pros over a year ago. Great sound very low tone. Lots of power gain possible if you get the right fuel module and any free flow air filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My understanding is you need the pipe upgrade, an air kit, a fuel processor, and it all needs to be dyno-tested to really get an improvement.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I have a 2009 vulcan 900, I want to add 2/1 cobra exhaust has any one try this already and what was the result. Also I want to add mutazu rs hard bags can anyone comment on this.
Yes, I have the Cobra HP2-1. I got it on Amazon for $350 delivered. Shop around.

Sound-It is loud as hell! I had to install a HardKore quiet baffle to keep from getting head aches.
(Still loud, great tone).

I simultaneously installed a BAK ($225 delivered), and the Dobek electronic jetkit ($150.00 delivered). No Dyno needed ($200 plus not spent) Suggested factory settings work great. The bike is often refered to by others as "a beast":D I just think it runs quite nicely.:cool:

·
Registered
658 Posts
I did it last year and I am very happy with the look and the sound... I have the stock intake and did not have to marble, I do not have any popping.

It took me about 1 hour taking my time. The hardest was getting the covers on the cobra pipes on. Make sure you look at the diagrams to get the hardware on right. Don't forget to buy new gaskets, some people will say you don't need them but they are inexpensive and since you have the pipes off anyway it does not hurt to change them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts