Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, JB here from South Carolina.
Just wanted to join the forum to hopefully be able to share and learn various things from and with various riders that enjoy the same platform as I do.

I rode for a few years.... well... many years ago and the motorcycle bug bit me again about a year ago. I had been window shopping for quite some time and day dreaming. Well, like many things if you do that long enough you'll end up making the purchase lol.

I started out looking at purchasing a brand new bike, looking at Harley's, Honda's, Kawasaki's, Indians etc. However, I decided since I plan to sell my home in the near future I didn't want to partial finance a new bike as I'm trying to keep my credit free and debt down to get the best interest rate I can for the next house. So with that process in my mind I decided to just buy a bike that I could afford to pay cash for.

Long story short, when I was riding years earlier I had ridden a Vulcan 800, GSXR600, Yamaha Vmax etc. I owned the GSXR600, the Vulcan was my fathers and the Vmax was my brother in laws. I'm older now and definitely wanted a cruiser bike.

Funny story is, upon my online used bike classified searching I ran across a 2001 Vulcan 800 (VN800A) black and the nostalgia and memories of years prior hit me. It looked just my my fathers 1995 Vulcan 800 (VN800A), same color and everything. I pretty much finally decided that was the bike for me as I already knew it was a good bike and had prior experience with one though a few years older.

I've already ordered a few things for maintenance, performance & updates. The current list includes a fork rebuild kit and springs to refresh the front suspension, a new Mustang Fastback seat, new rear turning signals to refresh the aged plastic sleeve and looking for a different style highway bar. I've included a picture to show what the bike currently looks like with hopes to share photos when the updates are completed as well.

Anyway, Just wanted to say hello, introduce myself and hope to be able to share and learn various areas of wisdom.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive tire

·
Registered
651 Posts
Glad to have you with us. Nice lookin' bike!

Reactions: JBTrickle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome back. I recently bought my second bike after a 15 year pause.
I hear ya Silliman. Welcome back to you as well. The 15 year mark I believe is pretty close for me as well. Time flies and I lose track lol.

I'm so ready to update the bike. I ordered my Fork rebuilt kits, need to order the oil, my Mustang Fastback seat is on backorder (6 to 8 weeks per the manufacturer and hope it takes less than that).
I also decided to go ahead and change the saddle bags. The ones that are on the bike are in great condition and work fine, I'm just changing a few things here and there to make it "my bike".

·
Registered
2009 VN900 Classic
253 Posts
Ah yes, not far from the foothills; good for you. I was up in Greenville for 5 years while my ex managed a production line at the Michelin plant. She was way too smart for me anyway lol...

Reactions: JBTrickle

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ah yes, not far from the foothills; good for you. I was up in Greenville for 5 years while my ex managed a production line at the Michelin plant. She was way too smart for me anyway lol...
Absolutely, it's a beautiful area in the Foothills and always a fun ride up and down Hwy 11 at Table Rock. Stop in at Aunt Sues for some food and enjoy a good ride and scenery. Hope you are enjoying the Charleston area now as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts