Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have had this high frequency vibration for some time when I am going over 75. I can feel it in my feet and in my butt, but not really in my hands. Which tells me it is not in the front end. But as of late it has gotten worse and more noticable at lower speeds, like 60.

The bike is a 07, with 12500 miles on it. Hard Khrome pipes, Cobra Fi2000 puter, stock intake. The air filter is a little dirty. I know it had the dealer maintence done on it at the break in periods. But after that I don't know. The dealer I bought it from put on a new tire when I bought it, so I would hope that they adjusted the belt correctly. But it was a saturday, so who knows.

So would a over tightened belt cause this?
If the valves are out of adjustment, would that translate into a vibration?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a lift to check wheel bearing. But I do need to take the bike to have it checked out for a recall. Maybe I can get them to check for me.

I looked at the wheel weights, there are some there. But that doesn't mean that all of them are.

·
Registered
1 Posts
wheel weights

Maybe a wheel weight may have fell off,or maybe the belt is not tracking straight.I have also seen brand new tires , that would not balance. I would suggest a trip back to dealership to have them rebalance your wheels/check the belt

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Unfortunatly the dealer is like 150 miles away. I am going in sat to another dealer to have them look at a recall, maybe they will be able to tell me something. They service guy was saying with the spoked rims if they are out of true it can cause some issues.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts