Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy, new here. hopefully will be sticking around. i was wondering if anyone has debaffled there bike, and bought universal 3 inch baffles for them. I dont know how something like that would fit, but i imagine maybe you can slid them in and drill a hole in the pipes, line em up and use a set screw to hold them in place? then i could have baffle in, or out. Has anyone looked into doing this? let me know if its been done! thanks.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've kind of mused about that myself. I don't see why it would not work, in theory anyway. I guess it would depend on what the ID of the stock pipe would be where the baffles are broken free from the inner wall of the pipe. Maybe someone who has debaffled their stock exhaust could chime in hear with the smallest ID left over from debaffling. I would think a baffle wrapped in glass packing would sound nice and deep without being to loud. I've seen a set of stock exhaust selling for $100.00 on fleabay so you could buy some used ones to experiment with. On the other hand the Vance and Hinse slash cuts can be had for about $350.00 and are sort-off on the same idea. I have read that wrapping those baffles produce a pretty nice tone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts