Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was last night at Quaker Steak & Lube Bike night got there around 6:30pm. Parked my 9 7th or 8th row deep in an end slot. Im standing around looking for a buddy of mine who was supposed to meet me there, cant see him right off and I go for a stroll looking at the custom bikes and choppers.

About 10 minutes later I see a tall thin man looking at my bike, I dont pay much attention at that time. About 15 minutes later after making a round trip I look over and hes back! So I go over and see if he has any questions I can answer.

We talk a bit about the bike and he tells me he has a 900 classic right over there pointing behind him. Conversation turns to the Vulcan forums and I found out in short order its Pacomutt! I introduce myself and the vibe gets more comfortable.

Short story is, Ron is a nice man we had good conversation and a bite to eat, was nice to find someone who rides a 9 is a sea of bikes.

Keep talking to your fellow bikers when you have a chance, never know who you will run into!

Brad

·
Premium Member
336 Posts
That is awesome! Great story...
So, when will you hook up for a ride?

Rod

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
ms, or just show up at the Texas KawBoy Octo:beer:fest. Jus a little roundup of some these here hoodlums KawPokie drummed up. Oct 7-10, Marshall tx. we got reservations at the county jail. or M6. it double duties in these backwater communities.
Yeah, the fellas are all most you'd consider buddies. somes. even that fella 57 from alice springs, rides outa ontario. but he truks in a trailer full of labatts. so we dont mind him being all upsidedown n such. KawBoys.. theys everwhere. ponchout

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
Yeah, we were able to add a little class to a sea of Hardleys!:D
Brad's a good guy with a nice looking custom. Got a 230 stuffed under it.
Hey Brad, I've got that PC lll that you can try out. I'll PM you with my number.
That ride from Quaker Steak on Saturday starts registration at 11:00.
Ron

·
Registered
183 Posts
That's awesome guys! That'd be awesome to get everyone out for a meeting once a year or something like that. Throw a big ass bbq or something.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
jw,, kansas.. not to far away.. K9 is bustin a trail south. he be kansanian.
here's the skoop; http://www.vulcanforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17260
this is GettyUp numero Dos this year. Somes are thinking Arkansas and/or Colorado for future Round Ups. probly havta open this up to non-texan KawBoys?

·
Premium Member
2,311 Posts
ms, or just show up at the Texas KawBoy Octo:beer:fest. Jus a little roundup of some these here hoodlums KawPokie drummed up. Oct 7-10, Marshall tx. we got reservations at the county jail. or M6. it double duties in these backwater communities.
Yeah, the fellas are all most you'd consider buddies. somes. even that fella 57 from alice springs, rides outa ontario. but he truks in a trailer full of labatts. so we dont mind him being all upsidedown n such. KawBoys.. theys everwhere. ponchout
That's a good idea! Texas is going to be the only "country" worth livin' in,
or visiting pretty soon.:eek: Maybe should come down and stake me a claim!:D

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
That's a good idea! Texas is going to be the only "country" worth livin' in, or visiting pretty soon.:eek: Maybe should come down and stake me a claim!:D
yeah, we gots us a Guv that tells DC like it is and where to stik it. them beltway boys are way too big for their britches and need to be taken down a notch or two. at least somebodys got cahonies roun here.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I started going to the "Bike Nite" at Quaker Steak & Lube here in Wheeling W.Va., and it always have a huge turnout. There is probably 300 bikes or more that show up. And it's great to see so many bikers just hanging out. There is always different groups that show up wearing their " Colors " but never any problems. They sometimes have a band or a D.J. for the entertainment. And there is all different makes and styles that show up. If you have a chance to go to one of the "Bike Nites" in your area do it, you will enjoy the atmosphere.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts