Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I saw a booth for Ultimate Seats, an aftermarket motorcycle seat manufacturer. They are located near Toronto Ont. Has anyone owned and used an Ultimate Seat. Any opinion on their product. Looking to replace the OEM seats on a 650 V-Star and on a 900 Vulcan. Pretty hard to tell whether the seat is better by sitting on it for a few minutes at a show. Thanks, Papa Smrph

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I tried one on my Vulcan 2000.

Thought it was great on the bum area but I didn't like the "loaf of bread" shape of the snout area by the tank. If it would have been more rounded over/tapered there it'd probably still be on my bike. I asked Ultimate if they'd modify it but they said no dice so I returned it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
have the ultimate on my 2000 roadstar and loved the seat
have one on order for my 2007 V2K classic(can't wait)

·
Megatron
181 Posts
When I go out for a ride I'm usually gone for 5 hours or more. I thought the stock seat on my '08 1500 Vulcan Classic was ....... ok but it definitely was not made for my all day style of riding. The second year I owned the bike I bought an Ultimate Seat. By far the best thing I could have done. I would suggest buying the backrest with the seat, the combo makes 5+ hour rides a breeze.
I always say that the Ultimate seat turned my Kawasaki into Couch-a-saki. ImageUploadedByMO Free1358701031.123981.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

Attachments

·
Registered
553 Posts
Have had one on the V2K for 2 seasons.
I do about 8K per year on average.

Usually at least one 2K + trip each season.

Well worth the money. Wife agrees. I just looked over and asked her. She said, "Worth the cost".

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have one on my 900 LT and love it.

Don't forget that they will let you ride it for 10 day to try it out, it took about a week for me to get used to it . I can ride for hours and no probs.I also have the drivers backrest and that just adds to the comfort .

Highly recommend.

JGM

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just another option... I sent my stock seat to Mean city cycles where they took out the stock foam and replaced it with memory foam. They can do gel too along with heaters or whatever else you'd want. Whole deal cost about $200 bucks with shipping. SO much better than stock. Takes about 50 miles of riding to break it in, but oh so somfortable for a good price.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
I may look in to that. Its cheaper than going with an aftermarket seat. I am getting used to the V2K factory seat now that I have gotten in broken in well now.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have another suggestion. I sent my factory seat off to a guy in Florida and he redid it for me. I've been riding on this seat for a couple of years and can say it's very compfortable. All you have to do is send the seat to this individual, and within 48 hours he will have it back to you depending on his backlog. He does not use gel, but a new type of foam. If your interested here's his website:
GreatDayToRide.com
I just checked the site and it's still up and running so I suppose he's still in the business.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I had mine custom built and it was only slightly better thean OEM. Then I bought the Russel all day long seat and love it. Best money I've spent on the bike. I liked the looks better than the Ultimate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The stock seat was an issue with me, 3 million miles trucking makes a difference. I'd have to dismount often. I ordered two pads; both gel/foam online and cut the existing seat cushions and used the pads for inserts. There was no change in structure, just in comfort. I just made an 1,100 mile round trip from TN to Louisiana and not a problem until about 200 miles...[time to fuel pulling my trailer. The cost was just over 100 dollars and I'm completely satisfied. Oh, I have a 10 V1700V.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts