Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reading old posts can be expensive. I'd hate to buy new seats and not like them.
My VN2000LT Classic '07 is white so the stock studded seats look good.

However, after a while when I ride a while, I need to push back against the seat like to stand up but not actually do it. That helps ease the pain in my rear. Is that normal?
What do you folks think of the Ultimate seats?
Thanks

Michael

·
Registered
60 Posts
What do I think of the Ultimate Seat? Is that the question?

I would not trade my Ultimate seat for your bike, car, house, and wife.

My Ultimate Seat is the best thing that EVER happened to my butt. With the stock seat on I could ride about 100 miles and then I HAD to get off.

I made a 2320 mile round trip to Kentucky and back on my Ultimate and had no ill effects. I could put 600 miles a day on and not be hurting. Now remember, I'm 64 years old and not in the best of condition.

Ultimate Seats Rock. Get the backrest too. You will love the ride.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
You guys should use a picture hosting site that doesn't require a log-in. Yeah, I know I must be one of the last people on earth not to have a Facebook account....

·
Registered
60 Posts
The subject of seats is like oil, tires, lights, haircuts and hamburgers, everybody has an opinion and swears it's the best in the world. Most of the time this is true, for that individual at that time.
All I can say is a stock seat really blows for someone wanting to ride more than 100 miles in a day. There are several great seats on the market and it's up to the individual to pick one that works for him/her.
Find some of your buddies who have made the leap to a better seat and go sit on their bike, ride it if they will let you and then decide which way to go.
I took my buddies word on the Ultimate seat and it proved to be correct. I still have the OEM seat in a box in the garage if anyone wants it cheap. I will not ever own another bike that has the stock seat on it. My butt is depending on me to have better sense than that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ultimate seat

The seats are supposed to arrive tomorrow. So, I went for a long ride today to refresh my memory of how things feel. 364 miles. There was pain, so, the same ride later may be better. After I put the new seat on. It has a 14 day trial period. That's nice.

·
Registered
36 Posts
What do I think of the Ultimate Seat? Is that the question?

I would not trade my Ultimate seat for your bike, car, house, and wife.

My Ultimate Seat is the best thing that EVER happened to my butt. With the stock seat on I could ride about 100 miles and then I HAD to get off.

I made a 2320 mile round trip to Kentucky and back on my Ultimate and had no ill effects. I could put 600 miles a day on and not be hurting. Now remember, I'm 64 years old and not in the best of condition.

Ultimate Seats Rock. Get the backrest too. You will love the ride.
Where can I find info on the "ultimate seat"?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
test

The day was long, the ride only totaled 274 miles. There were a lot of sites to see and such. The pain in the rear was totally gone!

Last ride I only got 1/3 of the way to the location when bottom pain started. With the new seat, I got all the way there, to other places, and back home with no pain ever occuring!

That's progress I can live with.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am interested in the Ultimate seat. I am 5ft 10in and weigh 280. How do you think it would fit a guy like me? From the pictures I have seen it looks like to pushes you forward and I am already sitting partially on the tank with the stock seat. Also do you sit higher than stock? Is there at least as much room as the stock seat?

I had a Mustang seat on my Nomad and I didn't think it was all that great. I like the looks of the Saddlemen seat but looks don't mean comfort. The Russel day long seat might be the most comfortable but it is the ugliest, so I am back to the Ultimate seat, but I am concerned it has less room to sit than stock and if that is so then it isn't the seat for me. Ultimately I would like to sit back a little farther than stock.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Michael-try this website http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php
This guy (Spencer) will custom fit the seat to your riding position. He uses your stock seat and uses several types of foam to take all the pressure off your butt. I was skeptical, but didn't want to pay $300-$500 for a new seat so I sent him mine. He does a great job, for approximately $90 plus shipping and has it back to you in about a week. I ride from my house over to Florida about once a week, 190 miles round trip, it's my regular lottery ticket run. It used to be a painful experience but after his mod, I ride over and back with no trouble and I am ready to go further. No more sore butt for me.

·
1946-2014
630 Posts
I rode 495 miles this past Sunday and had no ill effects to my backside. Granted I was tired when I got home but my butt wasn't dead. Left home at 07:30 and returned home at 20:30 that evening. That's over 12 hours of riding. I dare anyone with a stock seat to ride that far in one day and not hurt.

Glad your new seat worked out for you, Now go enjoy riding.

BTW, I"m planning a 1200 mile round trip to Arkansas in a couple weeks. Couldn't do it on stock seat.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts