Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently added a new seat from ultimate. First off it is more expensive than the mustang but straight out of the box I could tell I was worth the money. They say it sits you the same as stock but it doesn't. Not necessarily a bad thing just something I have to get used to. I sit a little higher and a little farther forward but again not bad just different. I ordered mine with a driver backrest (worth it's weight in Gold) overall it is definitely worth the money and I'm so glad I did. Also e customer service is great. I ordered a sissy bar pad as well and there was some mix up on which pad I needed and they went ahead and shipped my seat and then shipped the pad when we cleared it up at no extra charge

·
Registered
529 Posts
Good to know. I almost ordered one because of the claim that it sits you in the same position as stock. If I may ask what is your height and weight? They told me that if you are a bigger person that the design of their seat sits you exponentially further forward because of the rise of the seat that does not exist on the stock unit. Basically they are claiming if your skinny that you will sit in the same spot.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
I sat on a ultimate in Daytona. . I felt the best out of the seats out there.( between Corbin, saddlemen, mustang ) but couldn't justify the money. But now.. I think they are well worth the money.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I really wanted to find a Ultimate seat, but settled on a used Mustang instead. I have not been real impressed with it. My butt still goes numb after 30-40 miles and I feel it pushes me forward too much. I keep having to push my butt back every few miles. At least the stock seat held you in the same spot, it did for me anyways. I do like the back support though. That was the biggest reason for the seat in the first place.

Where are you at in Ohio Flynch?

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
I upgraded from a mustang wide touring seat. I am still super happy with my Ultimate Seat, even without the driver backrest. Cost was a factor for the rider backrest. Seat has "All day" softness that my bumm appreciates. It dawned on me again last weekend after about 8hrs in the saddle that I had no pain and the seat still felt soft. Well worth the expense in my opinion. Wish they had one for my older Electra Glide, sadly they don't go back that far. I sold my stock seat and the Mustang seat on ebay and recouped about $400 towards the Ultimate seat and sissy bar pad, and rain covers. The sissy bar pad is also well worth the $ spent, so my wife says anyways. It is slightly curved to fit the back. The stock pad is hard, like the seats. I had a mustang pad on that as well. Couple of them actually. They also left something to be desired. And not to mention that the Ultimate seat and sissy bar pad belong together as a set. The gap behind the seat is taken up perfectly with the pad. The mustang I had on there was much thinner and had no support.

I have a Mustang Regal wide touring seat on the EG and it looks great, looks soft but it really isn't. Could be worse mind you, but could be better (but still better than that old stocker). The passenger part has more cushion and my wife says its fine.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ultimate seat

I tried to order an Ultimate seat for my 07 LT and was told they didn't make one for it. I would have bet the farm all the frames were the same.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm 5"10. 205. Like I said before it doesn't sit me exactly in the same position in a little higher and a little farther forward but not a huge amount. These seats are definitely worth every penny and if you can afford get the drivers backrest I can't say enough about it

·
Registered
847 Posts
That's what I'm saying. I know there is no difference in an 07 and an 07 frame, no changes in the mountings. I called and was told by the man. We do not make a seat for the 07 LT...Go figure..

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have one on my 2008 900LT. Love it.

They need to use this picture in their ad's. Changes my entire impression of the seat. I thought it looked too bulky before. Never seen one in person of course. Unfortunately my mustang will be here Friday. Hopefully I like it.

·
Living The Dream
1,515 Posts
I tried to order an Ultimate seat for my 07 LT and was told they didn't make one for it. I would have bet the farm all the frames were the same.
That really surprises me too. I would bet that it would work just fine. As we all know they are pretty much exactly the same from 2006 on up to 2013. Plus their customer service is excellent and if for some god awful reason it didn't work, I am certain you could return it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have one on my 2008 900LT. Love it.

What trunk is that? Looks good.

Just a question, did you tell them it was for a 900 Classic LT or just an LT? Not sure if that would make a difference or not.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I started with an Ultimate seat on mt 2011 Spyder RT and knew I wanted on the Vulcan. First mod I did and at less then 500 miles.

Between the two bikes, I have nearly 60,000 miles on Ultimate seats and they are both perfect for me.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just ordered the ultimate seat with studs and a driver's backrest for my 2009 Vulcan 900 classic LT. It is due to my house on Tuesday and I can't wait to change it out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well...

Well Sage-
I do apologize, I'm not sure where the miscommunication took place. 07 900 LT is no problem for an Ultimate Seat.

Best,

Dave

1 - 20 of 23 Posts