Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased a 2014 Kawasaki Vulcan classic 900 LT with an ultimate studded seat #12501 already on it new cost $525.00 + shipping. :smile2:

Contacted ultimate here in Florida to purchase the backrest, customer service rep stated that the plain backrest would cost $225.00 + tax & shipping to Clearwater for a total of $255.75. :surprise:

Needless to say all the mounting for the backrest was molded in the ultimate seat so I was not going to spend $255.75. So I went on ebay and purchased this backrest eBay item number:152624211272 for $52.50 with free shipping. (Did not need mounting hardware that came with backrest).

Received it today and bent bracket one inch forward and slid it into seat mount perfect fit and very comfortable. (Only reason I bent bracket one inch was so I could sit straight up in seat for my back) if I did not bend bracket I would have been leaning back a little further.

Figured I would pass this on to anyone who might be in my same situation :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Update...I bought the back rest as mentioned above. Satisfied only it slides in without any tension on either of the six notches for height adjustment. Anyway I can increase the tension so as to keep it at my preferred height?
As it is now I can only keep it at the lowest position..which is fine but even with that it's kind of a loose sitting. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update...I bought the back rest as mentioned above. Satisfied only it slides in without any tension on either of the six notches for height adjustment. Anyway I can increase the tension so as to keep it at my preferred height?
As it is now I can only keep it at the lowest position..which is fine but even with that it's kind of a loose sitting. Any advice would be appreciated. Thx.
Mine is snug when in place at the bottom setting. When I want to raise it to the third notch I placed a small piece of wood with a zip tie attached for removal in slot then put back rest in (Works fine for me and the wife).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts